"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
Old 12-30-2005, 08:43 PM   #21
Head Chef
Howdy Bubba!!

Greetings from another resident of the mitten!

Pay no attention to Bucky - he wouldn't know a yooper from a troll if one of us dumped a cider on his noggin!! He's a good guy though!

ronjohn55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2005, 10:04 PM   #22
Hey! You are exactly 19 yo. older than me!! Two rules 1. Have fun 2. Meet new people!

Old 01-03-2006, 11:16 AM   #23
Master Chef
Hey Bubba; I'm one of da resident Yoopers 'round here. I hail from Sault Ste. Marie, MI. I go by Goodweed of the North cause I was a runty kid whose dad used to say "One of these days, you're gonna sprout up like a bad weed." Well, I'm still measuring in at 5'6". Never did sprout up like a bad weed, maybe like a barrel cactus though (not really that bad. I work out a lot).

Like you, I have no formal cooking training, just a whole bunch of experience, a lot of trial and error, some scientific methodology, and a strong desire to know what works, why it works, and how to apply the knowledge gained. I've been at this for about 30 years now.

Love to talk, love to write, love to share, and love to get compliments about the things I prepare (love that swelled head feeling ).

We sound a bit alike, don't we? Welcome. As all have said, you're going to love it here.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North
“No amount of success outside the home can compensate for failure within the home…"

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2006, 09:24 PM   #24
Send a message via Yahoo to bubba_sybo
thanks goodweed ... always nice to know the stories behind the name .I thought maybe you were just a stoner at first
now I know. Thanks everyone actually I feel all warm and fuzzy....almost willing to share my big pot of venison stew......almost

Sounds like there are a lot of nice folks here, and I have been reading alot of the old post, and recipies. You hosers really know your grub and I cant wait to try some of the stuff I and seeing on here.

I am going to try tostart keeping better track of all the way I make things so that hopefully I can share some recipies. I am more of a "do it by feel" kinda guy, wich is one reason I dont ever think I make the exact samedish twice. To me a recipie is a suggestion, unless it is my first time ever making that dish, or unless it is baking....then I have to dig out all dem lil cups and spoons with all the #'s and stuff....

I usaually just add a pinch of this and a handfull of that and season to taste.....but I am sure most of you like to put your own spin on a recipe too
bubba_sybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:15 AM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Yahoo to middie
hi bubba. welcome to dc ! glad to see you like it here !!!
from your ohioan neighbor
middie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 08:33 AM   #26
Sous Chef
Welcome to DC!

Fresh Cooking From Your Garden
RMS is offline   Reply With Quote