New to the site!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kyle

Assistant Cook
Yes, I am new to this site, and I love it!

But now I need some help, my birthday is November 20th, my husbands is November 22nd, and our anniversary is November 25th! Oh, and I forgot, Thanksgiving is thrown in there as well! I would love to make a very special dinner here at home, with all our china and crystal that we NEVER get use, and invite a few friends as well.

I love to cook, and I don't think there is recipe that I cannot tackle, I am just stumped for something really different. Any suggestions? :question:

Welcome, kyle. A dinner to celebrate all those occasions sounds like a nice idea. Some information on your family would be great: What are their likes and dislikes? What do you feel comfortable cooking? How much preparation time will you have? What is the approximate # of guests for dinner? Do you want to serve appetizers?

I am open to any and all suggestions! There will be about 6-8 adults at this dinner party. With cocktails I would only like to serve one appetizer, too many just ruins dinner. A different salad to start of maybe, main course could be anything but fish or chicken, my husband hates both, although he will eat some shell fish(shrimp, lobster,crab).

I think I have dessert covered, my husband is a choco-holic, and I will be making a flourless chocolate cake with truffles, and for those who do not want something that rich, I will have some blood orange sections with just a drizzle of chocolate ganache. I may even dip some strawberries in chocolate as well if I can find some nice ones in November.

Why not splurge on some really good beef? Ribeyes for everyone, or a Chateaubriand (I can't remember what cut that is, but it's sooooooooo good). Some sauteed mushrooms as a side, Bearnaise sauce for the meat. Pricey, yes - but you are covering so many important milestones.

Thanks, I was leaning towards beef, hubby is a real meat and potatoes kind of guy, although after he married this italian girl, (me, yes name is Kyle but I am female, parents thought it was cute :sick: ) I have been able to get him to eat more veggies, and fresh foods over the past 16 years!

I was even thinking of a mushroom duxelle( I am sure I just spelled that wrong!) with the beef, kind of the wellington thing without the puff pastry.

Kyle, I am still working on my husband too. Sometimes I think he would eat nothing but sausage and biscuits if he could get away with it. You could always try putting some creamed mushrooms in pastry shells - you know, those things for chicken a la king.

Welcome to DC kyle!!
Hope you enjoy it here.
14.gif

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Hi Kyle:)
Your ideas are sounding wonderful so far, and the idea of beef will no doubt be a winner!
1. Welcome to our family! We are really glad you're here!
2. Eagles logo: Remember when Randall Cunningham was their quarterback? He's the reason my high school always lost to our rivals - he was on the team!
3. I think you need to invite Michael in FtW and me to your party - we both share Nov. 24 for a birthday.

Again, welcome, welcome!

No, I have not decided on my complete menu yet, but I am working on it! I am still recovering from my 3 pre school classes halloween parades, and parties! Whew! I think Halloween is worse than Christmas with all these kids, they are all now doing the crash and burn from all the sugar!

Welcome Kyle,
My DH will be 75 on Nov. 20th, our 51st Anniversery will be on the 23rd.
Marge~Dove :) :) :)

Welcome to cooky heaven. and congrats on getting almost every major day in yalls relationship over in one fell swoop! the cut that makes up the chatuebriand is the top( the thick) part of the beef tenderloin, each cut serves two, its a romantic thing. pretty pricey but worth it. again welcome"home":devilish:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom