"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 01-10-2008, 08:07 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

new to this

Hi I am new to forums in general. It all came about by having scraggy bits of lamb and wondering how best to cook them. I am retired and do a lot of cooking especially Thai and Chinese, but love just about everything. I have also had a lot of practical experience, but still finding out more. Just because I am retired doesn't mean I do nothing with my day. On the contrary.Like a lot of people who enjoy cooking I save hundreds of recipes and use very few. I often make up my own. I lived in United Arab Emirates (Ras Al Khaimah)for 10 years and food there is generally take away or small restaurants (especially in Ras Al Kaimah which is about 80 kms north of Dubai) which are very cheap and very good so I didn't practise too much there, but have made up for it since returning home.

Old 01-10-2008, 08:33 PM   #2
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakanne View Post
Hi I am new to forums in general. It all came about by having scraggy bits of lamb and wondering how best to cook them. I am retired and do a lot of cooking especially Thai and Chinese, but love just about everything. I have also had a lot of practical experience, but still finding out more. Just because I am retired doesn't mean I do nothing with my day. On the contrary.Like a lot of people who enjoy cooking I save hundreds of recipes and use very few. I often make up my own. I lived in United Arab Emirates (Ras Al Khaimah)for 10 years and food there is generally take away or small restaurants (especially in Ras Al Kaimah which is about 80 kms north of Dubai) which are very cheap and very good so I didn't practise too much there, but have made up for it since returning home.
Welcome rakanne you will like it here some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Hi Rakanne,
welcome to DC...So glad to have you join us.

kadesma
Old 01-10-2008, 09:53 PM   #4
Cook

Welcome aboard. I, too, am new at this but I love the DC forum. If cooking is a passion for you, you will find it hard to log off. I find I can not use any of the good cooking information I get here because I can not seem to get away from the computer long enough. Such is life.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:56 PM   #5
Sous Chef

Welcome to DC :)
I'm from Down Under too (NSW)
There are a few aussies around that u will find when everyone else goes to bed :D
and its true, you will have a hard time logging off hahaha
Old 01-10-2008, 10:34 PM   #6
Head Chef

Welcome rakanne, sounds like you have had an interesting life and much to share!
Old 01-10-2008, 10:38 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Hello!
Welcome and enjoy!!!!!
Old 01-10-2008, 11:34 PM   #8
Head Chef

Welcome you have found the mother lode for food
Old 01-11-2008, 03:33 AM   #9
Executive Chef

Welcome Rakanne to DC!! As Rom said, there are often a few of us Ozzies around when the other hemisphere is sleeping. I even aim to get on then cos it takes such a long time to go through all the new posts that if everyone is posting away as well, I never get a thing done!!!! I'm on the West Coast so you are sandwiched well and truly between Rom and I! Enjoy your time here.