New to this site

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Subee41

Assistant Cook
Hi, my name is Sue and I just joined. I'm 55 years young and have never really been much of a cook. (Just the basic meat, starch and vegie type cooking.) It wasn't so much that I disliked cooking, but rather that I hated the mess it made and the cleaning up afterwards.

But back in November, my husband had a kidney transplant and I was his primary caretaker. This meant missing six weeks of work. I found myself watching the Cooking Channel and one thing I noticed was a lot of the cooks used a Dutch Oven. The more I watched, the more facinated I became. :w00t2:

I went online and purchased a 5 quart Dutch Oven. I next purchased a large skillet with a glass lid. Next I purchased some new measuring cups, measuring spoons and the little dishes that you put your ingredients in before adding them to the pot. I bought a needler and some other items, and am always looking for more to add to my collection. :chef:

Of course I love the fact that my Dutch Oven is a breeze to clean and it doesn't bother me to have to wash the other items. I just pretend I'm Rachel Ray! :ROFLMAO:

Anyway, I hope to discover lots of new recipes here and make some friends along the way!

Thanks,

Sue

Hi everyone! I just joined and it looks like this is the place to go to introduce myself. I am hoping to find people who know how to cook for 2 young old people, especially healthy foods and vegetarian style.;)

Welcome! Just remember, you don't have to buy a lot of equipment to cook, and it doesn't need to be a big deal. Some of the stuff you do with the least amount of time & expense can be the best food. My husband and I lived in a travel trailer on the road for 3 years and you'd be amazed at the meals I turned out, and often for a lot of company. I don't buy kitchen stuff until I really think I'll use it regularly. Spend the money on the good basics (good pots, pans, knives), and don't wind up with a kitchen full of stuff you seldom use.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom