Newb from New York and New Jersey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adillo303

Head Chef
Just signed up today. I like all kinds of cooking from the quick meal on a weekday to something more elaborate on the weekend.

I just started making all my own bread and am finding out that I have an awful lot to learn. I do have a good batch or Rye Sour going for about 3 months now and have had good reviews on my Rye Bread.

10 Grain is looking for something to bring up the taste a but Challah was a hit.

Welcome to the group! Enjoy!!! A warm piece of bread would be welcome right about now.

Hi Buckytom,

I live in Haledon, NJ. I take NJT Rail from Hawthorne to Penn Station. 2 blocks from there to the office. I used to drive to the Park and ride - Lincoln Tunnel. This is way easier.

Thank you for the bread thread. So much to learn, the bread just keeps getting better.

AC

haledon, huh.

you're lucky that you have a train. i could take a local bus that goes down rte. 46, so out of the hassles of taking such a bus and my work hours (and sheer laziness :cool:), i drive into midtown everyday. but not if the congestion tax goes through. :(

on a foodie note: have you been to the goffle road poultry farm?

Home

Yes, they have great poultry. I shop between Shop Rite in Wagaraw Road and Stop and Shop in Wayne. All meat and produce for guests comes form Market Basket.

If you have not tried the new BBQ place by the poultry farm, please do, it is great.

AC

Hey welcome... I used to work a few block from Penn Station myself... now relocated a bit to the SE near Jersey's other end. I miss NYC but not the Penn Station/Herald Square area (except the Korean BBQ). Welcome!

Welcome to DC. Must admit as any self respecting Irish lady I love NYC! Being over shopping many a time!

Back
Top Bottom