The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

4myhine

Assistant Cook
Hello all, I'm Slone from California tho currently living in Norway with my wonderful new hubbie and daughter.

Until recently I thought my cooking skills were passable, meaning you could eat it, it was pretty good. Well that was by US standards were every food, spice, herb, pre-mixed anything,ect, ect was afforded to you. This is no longer the case and to top things off, my new hubbie doesn't really like to eat the foods I know how to cook.We did a lot of eatting out in the states. Not because of my cooking, just because that's how life was for me, plus it's very cheap compared to Europe. Here in Europe they eat lots of things with sauces (have no ideal how to do this) and the stuff that comes pre-mixed is terrible! So basicly I have realized I need help cause I can't cook.

Don't think it would be too big of a deal if I were working but there's a large language barrier at the moment and believe me, it's going to take several months to even learn the basis. So I have the time and the motivation to figure out how to make this cooking stuff work.

I hope that you guys can help me or perhaps I'm in the wrong place only time will tell I guess:) .

Slone

Welcome to the site Slone! You are in the right place for sure. You will get a ton of good advice here. Ask as many questions as you like. You are sure to get plenty of answers!

welcome slone,
i'm sure you'll learn a lot here, and make hubby happy and chubby in no time.
i'm curious; i thought most if not just about all norwegians were fluent in english.

oh, i was wondering if you could ask around to see if there's a good recipe for fiskeboller. the last one i made was a disaster.

Welcome Slone,
glad you've found us. I'm sure you will get all the help you'd like. Everyone here gladly lend a hand when asked. I hope you enjoy DC as much as we do.

kadesma:)

you will get lots of help, but also get yourself a few basic cookbooks that have techniques as well as recipes.

Joy Of Cooking is a kitchen basic. THere are others. Read the cookbook thread here and get some impressions of what might be right for you.

You've come to the right place if you need help. The people here are so good and kind and helpful.

Welcome.

Back
Top Bottom