The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

etjoe

Assistant Cook
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking here for a while and I saw a recipe for Peking Duck, I was so impressed I decided to lurk here some more. Then I found a whole bunch of posts on CI DO (cast iron Dutch Oven) and I decided to buy one. I was so impressed with the knowledge base here that I decided to join in hopes of becoming better at cooking.

-Emmanuel

Hi Emmanuel,
Welcome to DC. You've found the right place for all cooking needs. Come visit and share with us.
kadesma:)

I'm glad you explained what CI DO was, Emmanuel!! I would not have had a clue otherwise!! Welcome to DC and enjoy yourself. Cordel and Kadesma have said it all!!

Hi!

Be warned, I have been here only 2 weeks and cannot stop! If you have other things you need to get done, do them before you sit down here!!! My 2nd day here I made my pasta into mush! :ROFLMAO:

Hi!

Be warned, I have been here only 2 weeks and cannot stop! If you have other things you need to get done, do them before you sit down here!!! My 2nd day here I made my pasta into mush! :ROFLMAO:
Huh! When I get up in the morning, there typically three pages of threads with new posts for me to peruse. I need to have done my chores for the day before I go on otherwise a couple of hours or more have passed with barely a thing done!:dry:

Thanks for the warm welcome! I hope to spend many more hours lurking and reading posts. I'm not too worried about spending too much time here, I'm just worried about going to the grocery store every day...been happening for 2 weeks now. The CI DO is getting a real workout, I pretend that I own no other cookware so it gets used every day...yeah, I'm a weirdo!

Welcome to DiscussCooking etjoe.
You've found a wonderful batch of fine people with more knowledge than most other places but moreover, they're helpful and so nice.
Ask anything, we'll all jump in to do our best, now all you gotta do is start posting and by the way, what's your favorite thing to cook?

My favorite thing to cook? That would be Russian Borsch...well, my version of it. I use beef short ribs, beets, carrots, potatoes, cabbage, tomato paste and lemon juice.

etjoe, I would love to have your recipe. I have only tasted one version, but just from your ingredients, I think yours sounds better.

Hey, I just noticed you are from Toronto! I have kids there.

Well, I should be making a batch next week, I'll jot down the complete list...hang onto your pots!

Really? We don't have kids but we wish we were in Gravenhurst...not quite the same as Northern Ontario...eh?

Heheheh, good you know that; northerners make nasty remarks about those who think Gravenhurst is north. Of course there are some who think Barrie is north.

I am several hours north of Gravenhurst. My kids would like to be north too, but you can't do their jobs on the lake, here.

Maybe they can find work at Nipissing U, I did a number of years back...oddly enough, they were putting in a new financial system.

Sounds pretty cool. Is that how you discovered Gravenhurst? We are an hour and a half north of there. One works in research, the other deals with big business...so Sudbury is the closest for her, Toronto for him, until he can afford his own plane (heh).

Wow, a plane? My wife & I just did some skydiving...any chance he can throw us out of his plane? :)

Just joking about the plane. Looks like he is going to be spending half his time in San Francisco, coming the new year.

Gravenhurst would be a good place for some stargazing.

Back
Top Bottom