The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to D C, gio. It seems you have lots of new company here today. At least 3 others.
I hope we can assist and amuse you. We need more info. What type of food/recipes are you looking for? There are so many threads here, you can get very sidetracked - which can be fun, but time consuming in a pinch.
So let us know.

Welcome!
I just saw your halo-halo thread :)

Go to the toolbar and find the search button. You can also do an advanced search from there.
Another idea is to go to the "portal" button. From there you can click on the top right of your screen, where you'll see "forum listings" and you can go to specific categories from there.

Welcome to DC.... so what types of recipes are you wanting to explore? Your request is pretty wide open and all you need to do is peruse the topics to find recipes gallore!

thanks!

Welcome to D C, gio. It seems you have lots of new company here today. At least 3 others.
I hope we can assist and amuse you. We need more info. What type of food/recipes are you looking for? There are so many threads here, you can get very sidetracked - which can be fun, but time consuming in a pinch.
So let us know.

thank you for the warm welcome! really appreciate it. i am looking for new recipes. i'm in to fusion cusine. i'm easily amazed with unique food palting styles and designs. i join culinary competitions and i'm planning to go back to school with new ideas at the back of my sleeve.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi!

Welcome!
I just saw your halo-halo thread :)

Go to the toolbar and find the search button. You can also do an advanced search from there.
Another idea is to go to the "portal" button. From there you can click on the top right of your screen, where you'll see "forum listings" and you can go to specific categories from there.

thanks for the welcome!:cool:

right!

Welcome to DC.... so what types of recipes are you wanting to explore? Your request is pretty wide open and all you need to do is peruse the topics to find recipes gallore!

well, i'm in to fusion cusine. do you have any recipes to help me out? also, i love to plate my food as presentable as possible. i want to win again on dessert and other food plating category on the culinary competitions.

Welcome to DC!! I like fusion cuisine as well - just as well really as Perth does more fusion than anything else I think!! LOL

hi bilby. i have a good barbie recipe here. try it. Grilled Peppered Pork Belly

1 kg (2.2 lbs) Pork ribs or pork belly, sliced
¼ C Vegetable oil or olive oil
12 cloves Garlic, minced
1 ½ t and 2 T Freshly ground black pepper and crushed black pepper
½ T Rock salt
4 T-1 11/4 C Soy sauce
¼ C Calamansi juice (lemon or lime juice)
3 T Brown sugar
2 pcs Thai chili peppers, minced
2 T Banana ketchup (optional)

Procedures:

In a bowl, put in the meat together with the oil, half of the minced garlic, rock salt and crushed black pepper. Rub and massage the meat with the mixture using clean hands. When the meat is all covered with the rub, pour the soy sauce, calamansi juice, chili peppers and brown sugar. Continue massaging the meat. Tenderize it using a fork by poking through the meat. Soak each piece in the marinade. When all is done, add the ketchup and mix altogether. Refrigerate the meat either inside a plastic bag or a covered container. Do not freeze the meat. You could cook the meat with a pan griller, or with an old fashioned char-griller. When you are ready to grill the meat, use the marinade to marinate the meat while it is being grilled. Traditionally, in the Philippines, we use a banana leaf brush to marinate the meat to keep it tender, moist and juicy. Do not burn the meat. Burnt meat is carcinogenic. The meat is cooked once it is all brown not burnt on each side. Serve with the Green Mango Salad.

</SPAN>

Side dish:
Green Mango Salad

2 C Green mango, diced
1 ½ C Tomatoes, seeded and diced
¾ C Red onion, chopped
1 T Fish sauce (preferably, in Filipino cooking, it is Bagoong or Shrimp paste)

Combine altogether. Serve chilled or as it is. Works best with any grilled meat, fish, pork cracklings or eat as salad.

:)Welcome gio.navyblue610, maybe navyblue for short! Hope you find bunches of stuff for your competitions and for school. Congratulations for both!

I should have added since you are on the same side of the world as San Francisco I'll bet they could use some fusion demonstrations for the big Discuss Cooking Blow Out someone said they are planning!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom