The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MystieDawn

Assistant Cook
Hi I am Misty. I am currently in Dahlgren Virginia until December. That is when my husband will be based somewhere else. I have always loved to bake but it wasn't until I was a stay at home mom (2 months ago) that I started to bake all the time. I love to cook but baking is my favorite because it is messy.

My son is at Oceana. Went to Va. Beach for his wedding in May, loved the area.

This area is beautiful. I love it out here. And the weather is nicer than Texas (where we are from).

Welcome Mystie!

Go Navy! (From Navy vet, former Navy wife, & now Navy mom to three.) We were stationed many places ... twice at Norfolk, Virginia. The Navy was the best 26 years of our lives!!! We didn't have two pennies to rub together ... but we certainly saw the world & met great people.

Welcome to this wonderful kitchen of fabulous people!

What did you think of Norfolk? We are going there this weekend to see what we think because right now it is between there or San Diego. I love Virginia or at least the Northern part. But I love San Diego as well.

Hi Mystie,

Check out the area called Great Bridge in southern Chesapeake. Lived there both tours ... good schools ... nice community.

Unless your Hubby is a three-star admiral with lots of mulah ... skip San Diego ... VERY EXPENSIVE!

Here's something for you to laugh at ... me ... a long, long, long time ago ... in "the old Navy" ... LOL! This was the day I made Second Class ... a happy day!

img_839439_0_8acfaa38c6c853abbfb684394c7398ee.jpg

Hi from an Air Force brat, Air Force vet, and 20+ year Army wife. Let us know where you wind up! I loved our Virginia assignments and we would have considered retirement there except it is tax aitch ee double hockey-sticks. If you're in the Norfolk area check out Fort Monroe, where I lived for a few years. Beautiful old fort with walls and a moat and the works.

Thanks Claire. I was in the Air Force. I did 4 years but then realized I was missing out too much with my family.

Welcome!

Not too much "Navy" in Chicago. We have a big lake but hardly any battles on it.

Take advantage of the beautiful parks in your area!! I would visit every weekend if I could.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom