Newbie :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NDIrish81

Assistant Cook
Hello everyone! Here is a little about me. I am a lover of food and cooking, but not of cleaning up afterwards! Haha :D I love to learn new techniques and ingredients. I have an obsession with kitchen tools and gadgets. I don't have access to many unusual ingredients, as I live in a rural area. Sometimes I drive about an hour to Whole Foods just for the bulk bins. I am hoping to learn how to be more self-sufficient. We recently ordered a smoker and I am looking forward to learning and practicing charcuterie. It is an art. We have a friend that raises grass fed pigs that would be great. I also have a garden, although it will be significantly smaller this year since we moved.

Ultimately, my goals are to build our house (we plan on buying the land this year and then building in the next few years), have a huge garden that I am able to use all of, raise some meat animals every year, have laying hens, and learn how to preserve all of that hard work through canning, smoking, curing, etc.

NDIrish81 said:
Hello everyone! Here is a little about me. I am a lover of food and cooking, but not of cleaning up afterwards! Haha :D I love to learn new techniques and ingredients. I have an obsession with kitchen tools and gadgets. I don't have access to many unusual ingredients, as I live in a rural area. Sometimes I drive about an hour to Whole Foods just for the bulk bins. I am hoping to learn how to be more self-sufficient. We recently ordered a smoker and I am looking forward to learning and practicing charcuterie. It is an art. We have a friend that raises grass fed pigs that would be great. I also have a garden, although it will be significantly smaller this year since we moved.

Ultimately, my goals are to build our house (we plan on buying the land this year and then building in the next few years), have a huge garden that I am able to use all of, raise some meat animals every year, have laying hens, and learn how to preserve all of that hard work through canning, smoking, curing, etc.

Well, hello, ND! Welcome to DC! Are you from North Dakota?

Sports is not my strong suite...

Looking forward to your recipes and ideas!

Back
Top Bottom