The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rawie

Assistant Cook
Hi I am a newbie and not a great cook, but I try. My husband and daughter have running joke that all my cooking is dry, they think it is so funny. They are lucky that I do not take it seriously.
I do have a question though. I want to make my grandmothers Christmas pudding which she cooked in a cloth, I am wondering if it can be cooked in a pudding steamer as I have one. Any advice would be appreciated.

Welcome to DC. Don't fret about your dry cooking. It will improve as time passes. Although I learned a lot from my mother, imagine my fear as a new bride to a man who had studied in several expensive European culinary schools. In the end, I taught him a few dishes from New England.

I will echo Addie, dry is not something to be concerned about. I will say it generally stems from overcooking, New cooks kind of tend to put too much on a recipe, heat wise, just to make everything fully cooked. It leads to dry recipes.

OK so your major thing is figuring out this pudding. First of all, find some cheesecloth, that might take some time. A pudding, particularly as it is your grandmothers, which assuming you are 18-30, puts us back on recipes quite some time. Do you have the ingredients? Pudding in early America, or Vicky England could be savory or sweet.

I'd ask do you have a recipe? If not have you eaten it an how do you describe it?

Welcome, rawie.

Whenever my wife makes turkey burgers, my son and I have running jokes.

Freeze them for pucks.
Better off with MREs.

Astronauts eat better than we do.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom