newbie from Alberta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BelleBerg

Assistant Cook
Hi..

I'm from Edmonton Alberta area. I just happened on this site tonight while looking for a cookie recipe. I thought I would join in as I have a question to ask. I remember my grandmother making scottish oatmeal cookies and the cookies were fine....anytime I make oatmeal cookies the oats are coarser.
Can anyone tell me what type of oatmeal I should be using. I am thinking it's a fine oatmeal but I can't find any in the store. Also would it be possible to process regular rolled oats in a food processor so they are of a fine texture? Looking for some help here. Thanks

Hi, Belle. Welcome to DC. The cookie you remember sounds interesting. The way you describe it, it sounds as though your grandmother is not with you anymore. If that's the case, is there another family member who might have the recipe? If not that, then, have you tried to Google the recipe or similar ones?

As for the oats, sure, you can probably process them to make them finer. It's worth a try. Do it and see what happens. You really have nothing to lose.

Hang in there. More answers will come. Hope you come to love DC like I do. We're glad you've found us.

Gosh, we have a member from Scotland - not from, in Scotland. Aw, I'll try to find his name for you - hay ,how about some administrative help on this one for our good friend BelleBerg - I'm going to be away for a few days! Anyway, welcome BelleBerg - I'm sure you will get your questions answered.

Hey Belleberg, I'm in Edmonton too, welcome aboard! And yes you can just toss your oats into your food processor until they are finely ground. Be careful not to buzz them for too long as you will then have oat flour though!

What recipe are you using? Would you consider posting it for us?

Thanks everyone for the hearty welcome to DC. It takes me some time to get back to my emails as I'm away working for 5-6 days at a time.
Katie E...I'm afraid I have no relatives left that would know about the scottish type cookies. However...on my last grocery shopping trip I did come across some fine oatmeal...it was called Scottish Oatmeal! Will wonders never cease!!! *grin* During my next trip home I will attempt to make some cookies with it and for sure will report back how they turned out. I've been thinking that sometimes what tasted wonderful as a child may have lost it's flavor as an adult....I'm hoping that's not the case.

Be back in a week or so.... ~waving bye for now~

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom