Newbie from Atlanta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matt Kay

Assistant Cook
Hiya folks!

My name is Matt Kay and I'm currently living in Atlanta. I grew up in NJ so I'm a natural wiseguy and practically and honorary Italian. :LOL:

I'm a diehard chile-head. I love taking up-scale foods and adding heat in some unique way and I love taking every day spicy foods like jalapeno poppers and turning them into something unusually tasty.

The only time I've ever worked in a kitchen was when I was in highschool. I worked for a philly cheese steak stall in the local mall. So I guess that means my culinary teachers are my peers, the foodnetwork and anything I can find on the internet.

Cheers! :chef:

Welcome!

I have had some really fun business trips to Atlanta.
We had a great time in a blues club in tri-corners area (I think it was called that)

Our hotel had a manager that acted like a concierge.We just asked him what we were doing tonight and he would totaly hook us up with a place to eat then drink then party.

There was an awesome steakhouse downtown that had a cigar room and tons of martini's.It was on the bottom floor of a multi-level office building on Peachtree.

Atlanta is also where I dicovered grits!(I haven't been the same since)

Welcome!

Atlanta is also where I dicovered grits!(I haven't been the same since)

As a boy from the Jerz, I wasn't as keen on grits as southerners. Not until I had grits that were made properly. They can be an amazing life changing experience. :D

We are BEGGING for a recipe!!!! Please!!!

Or at least point us in the right dierection. I know two people who would love to try this.

Last edited:
Since I'm new I don't want to shamelessly plug my site. So check out my profile and see my website. I've posted the recipe there. :D

Enjoy and give me some feedback if you decide to try it.
(P.S. If you're not sure how much heat you can handle try one habanero the first time.)

Back
Top Bottom