Newbie from Manitoba, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LifeIsOnTheWire

Assistant Cook
Hey everyone. I've been lurking the forums here for a while, found alot of good recipes, and been inspired by alot of talented people here. I figured I would register, and maybe post a few things I enjoy making.

I grew up cooking alot of Mennonite food (similar to German, Dutch, and Ukrainian food), so definitely have a palate for Savory, fatty foods :P I'm gonna share some pictures, and recipes the next time I get cooking :)

Welcome to DC! I am familiar with Mennonite food! From what part of Manitoba?

Hey everyone. I've been lurking the forums here for a while, found alot of good recipes, and been inspired by alot of talented people here. I figured I would register, and maybe post a few things I enjoy making.

I grew up cooking alot of Mennonite food (similar to German, Dutch, and Ukrainian food), so definitely have a palate for Savory, fatty foods :P I'm gonna share some pictures, and recipes the next time I get cooking :)

Welcome to DC.

Josie

Oh Winterpeg. However, I heard the winter hasn't been that bad...yet. Grew up in Northern MN and spent many weekends in Winnipeg (even my honeymoon was in Winnipeg--but that was because we had to fly back to university in NB) and finish those useless degrees. Loved going to the Folk Festival and visiting a friend and hitting this cool piano bar that also had an oyster bar...

Oh my. The Winnipeg Folk Festival! Good, good times! Spent a lot of time in Winnipeg when I was growing up.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom