Newbie from Sumner County TN

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NoraC

Senior Cook
Having lurked awhile, I am glad to introduce myself now that I have joined.

I am looking forward to being able to ask questions to follow up on the very informative threads I have been reading. Totally self taught, my reciprocating ability to answer questions will be limited. However the very quirkiness of what I know might be just the thing for someone's use.

For your use in evaluating what I offer, I can say that I am a devoted home cook, with a slightly larger skill set than that implies. My broadest local reputation is for yeast breads. I am also infamous for a wide range of ethnic cuisines. Before a life changing event, I was an organic gardener, who, while never wanting to be restricted to what I could sustainably grow, very much liked that fact that the majority of our food did come from that source. Years of party hosting have expanded to a nice set of catering skills. I donate those for charities or those in need, usually at the 30 to 70 person range, but have routinely done up to 500 for informal events and once a year participate with a trained chef in a formal, multicourse seated event. I hate making desserts.

Welcome.
im all about those yeast based recipes.
I can't stand making most desserts either. Trying to influence my partner to start learning cause she can't cook to save her life (her knife skills make me nervous)

Hoping to learn some new and interesting recipes from you.
again, welcome to the group. Hope you find everything you need.

Welcome to DC...I think most of us are self taught home cooks. There are a few who have gone to school.

Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom