Newbie from Washington state

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aaron-k

Assistant Cook
Hi everyone. I just found this site last night and this is exactly what I'm looking for. I consider myself a beginner, skill wise anyways, and I'm looking forward to learning about different cooking techniques. I know there's lots to learn, but it should be a fun journey.

Welcome to DC. There are lots of people here who are always willing to offer advice. It's always nice to see someone from the Great Pacific NW.

Hi! I live in Kent, work in Renton. It was raining most of the day, but I think it stopped around 4:00.

Yesterday, in Eugene, we got 1/2" of rain in less than 15 minutes. I just moved from Ellensburg--the dry side of the state. I'd never seen such a thing!

Hi! Welcome to the group.

I'm right up the road from you in Issaquah. We were in Renton this weekend... Hubby had to go on a field trip to FRY's.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. pdswife, Fry's is just around the corner from where I work.

I've prbly driven by your place of employment a million times then Arron... cuz, Fry's is Paul's favorite place to spend the afternoon. lol.

Fry's is a pretty popular store in Renton. I'm surprised that their parking lot always seems to be full. I work south of Fry's at PACCAR (same area as the Kenworth plant).

pdswife, this is kind of a broad question, but where do you like to buy your food? I've only shopped at the big grocery store chains, but eventually I'd like to try out other places. There'll probably be a time where I'm looking for something that I won't be able to find at the grocery store - like meatloaf mix, but I think I'll just stick to making my own.

My son works at Safeway.. so I do most of my shopping there.
When I need Feta and olives or other Greek treats I go to a small family shop called ... Parr's Market. It's in Bellevue.

I don't do a lot of fancy cooking so between the two of those I can find what I need. I do like walking through Larry's Market once in awhile they always have FUN things to try.

img_273215_0_fa796ebf3b1b27a093fd9b951303d000.gif

Aaron, it's great that you've joined us here :chef:

Back
Top Bottom