Newbie Laura

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaurasThanksgivingDinner

Assistant Cook
Hello Everyone!
My name is Laura and I found this group some how through an internet search engine. I'm glad to join.
Thanksgiving is on it's way once again and I bought a General Electric 18 Quart Roaster Oven at a yard sale and I wanted to make my turkey in it this year to free up the oven for my honey to make his recipes. We both LOVE to cook so our kids have got it made!
One day our dream is to open up a resturant!
My specialty is cooking CHILI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for letting me join- any input would be greatly appreciated!
Laura :chef:

Yes, I entered a local Chili Cook off several years ago with my daughter and we had a blast!
Both my daughter and I entered seperately in different catagories (hers was a HOT recipe and mine was just really tasty over all) and we both won. It was a small local cook off but it was fun.
We entered again Oct 4 and had a good time too!
Laura

Click on the "user CP" on the top blue bar. Then look for "Your Control Panel" on the left, and click on "Edit Your Details".

Glad you had a good cookoff. I'd be a nervous wreck, and too much sweat in the pot, don't cha know.

Welcome Laura!! One of my dreams is to one day have my daughter cooking right beside me!! So sweet....right now she stands at the dishwasher when the door is down and "tooks" with different kitchen utensils :wub::wub:

Welome Laura,
At the bottom of the page you will see a Contact us click on it and ask about a name change.
kadesma

First let me welcome you to DC it is a great site with lots of great cooks and folks.
second before you even think about opening a restaurant. Do your research on cost of operation. including cost of replacing glass wear, silver ware, napkins, etc. then figure cost of operation light,gas, all of the different insurance you would have to have to do business. Then thoroughly cost out your menu. Then talk to successful restaurateurs . Then if you are still wanting to open a restaurant go talk to your local shrink. Then run in the different direction from your restaurant. Trust me I owned one for 5 yrs. You are no longer married to you spouse but you are married to your restaurant 24/7 It can be very rewarding but it will take a toll on your mind,body, spirit, and can be very, very stressful .

Back
Top Bottom