"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 02-11-2010, 12:36 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Newlywed looking for cooking tips

Hi everyone! I have just gotten hitched last Christmas! My hubby's a foodie but unfortunately, I'm not a good cook. I have joined this forum to try to learn some food preparation magic! :-)

Old 02-11-2010, 12:47 AM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Welcom Helen,
look around, find a forum that interests you and post a question. We love helping so don't be bashful
kadesma

Old 02-11-2010, 06:51 AM   #3
Head Chef

Welcome to the forum Helen!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:23 AM   #4
Senior Cook

Welcome!!!hope we can help you in your journey to cooking...
Old 02-11-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
Master Chef

Food is indeed an important part of a relationship. I don't know your age, but I do know that eating healthy will allow you and your husband to enjoy life, and each other to the fullest. First cooking tip - for expert advise on what is and isn't good for you, talk to a reputable nutritionist. Second tip - Eat a wide variety of foods and avoid junk foods. Third tip - talk to the people, including myself, on this forum to get outstanding recipes, ideas, and cooking techniques.

Thsi forum offers not only the food knowledge of its members, but oure sincere freindship as well. And, as if that weren't enough, we use an off-topic link to post jokes, interesting things that happen in our lives, and to help each other through hard times, and celebrate together the good times. This is a great community. Welcome.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:10 PM   #6
Master Chef

It is really hard to give any advise after GN, he is a pro, listen to what he says.

As far as magic, there is very little of it in the kitchen mostly hard work, good luck. There are thousnds of good tips on this forum, use the search a lot, or ask, I'm sure somebody will be able to help you.

Oh, and congratulation.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:23 PM   #7
Senior Cook

Lucky guy!!

I wish my wife had the internet when we first got married.I wish my wife would have used one of the cookbooks we received as a wedding gift when we first got married.I think thats great that you are willing to learn something new that both of you will enjoy.My cooking tip to you is if you find that cooking just is'nt your bag, and the hubby is a foodie make him some ox tail soup.That was the last time my wife cooked to any degree.I took over the cooking and everybody is much happier.That was the worst thing I have ever eaten.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:30 PM   #8
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanna be View Post
My cooking tip to you is if you find that cooking just is'nt your bag, and the hubby is a foodie make him some ox tail soup.That was the last time my wife cooked to any degree.I took over the cooking and everybody is much happier.That was the worst thing I have ever eaten.
Welcome Helen!

Wanna Be...you just didn't get a good ox tail soup. There are some good recipes for that!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:43 PM   #9
Head Chef

What is your husband's favorite dish? Would be cool to figure out how to make it!