noob

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tdiprincess

Senior Cook
hi there everyone, i'm new here (obviously) i found this while googling recipes..which i do on a regular basis..i find a bunch of recipe ideas and then make my own variation. i'm open to new ideas.
i'm freshly married. My husband loves car stuff, he's on car forums and I go to cooking forums. He grew up with canned veggies and nothing near homemade. He loves my cooking...but sometimes wonders why I work hard to make food when I can just go buy it! But, I'm slowly changing him...(that is my current project) I'm also getting used to inlaws that will thank me for making something or just bringing a package...
Anyhow, that's my life... "I live to eat"
So any ideas for pull apart bread? The In-laws are making beef stew, or, chicken ala king...
I'm thinking of doing refrigerator rolls.. dip them in melted butter and olive oil...
parm chz or cheddar cheese, garlic, minced onion?
any ideas?
also any good oatmeal raisin or oatmeal chocolate cookies?
Thanks all...:chef:

Hey princess! Welcome!

We have a plethora of amazing recipes - check our search, but remember, this site is addictive! :)
Are you looking for more of a sweet or savory pull-apart bread?

savory... i have fresh oregano, thyme and sage (i grow)... i was thinking about incorporating those into it too... maybe make thyme butter and then put some of the sage with the cheese. I don't know if I should do Parm and cheddar or just cheddar...
ideas?
thanks

yeah... i think i will... someone had mentioned putting some sundried tomatoes in the centers... i was thinking about that and then maybe putting in some cheese in the middle too.. putting the excess cheese around for a crust. Also making extra thyme butter for the rolls...
I don't know if the tomatoes will go too much with the Beef stew though.

Hey Princess

Nice to know there are forums for anything you want to know about :)

I am a big car forum frequenter, but I also frequent photography, and now cooking :) What car forums is your husband on (just out of curiosity)?

Buffalo, NY........... brrrrrrrr
I'm 1-1/2 hours down the lake from you, so brrrr for me, too :LOL:

Welcome. You'll love it here.

Hey Princess

Nice to know there are forums for anything you want to know about :)

I am a big car forum frequenter, but I also frequent photography, and now cooking :) What car forums is your husband on (just out of curiosity)?

Nyspeed, dubsinthebuf and a tdi one. The first one is all of ny state, the 2nd is buffalo and the tdi is around the world...

Buffalo, NY........... brrrrrrrr
I'm 1-1/2 hours down the lake from you, so brrrr for me, too :LOL:

Welcome. You'll love it here.

uh huh! We're getting some snow flurries here and its about 25 out... Brrr is right..

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome!

I love cheese and sundried herb breads, or with olives in too!! Haven't had brekky yet, and you are making me hungrier than I was!! Welcome to DC!

I love cheese and sundried herb breads, or with olives in too!! Haven't had brekky yet, and you are making me hungrier than I was!! Welcome to DC!

Thanks for the welcome! And I know what you mean...I've been thinking about what herbs to use and the bread and yummy goodness and cheese and my mouth is watering!! LOL

Hi, princess. Welcome to DC. It's wonderful you have such an interest in and love of cooking at a young age. Just think about all the wonderful dishes ahead of you. Your husband is a very, very lucky man. Stay, and become part of our big foodie family. We're glad you've found us.

Welcome from frozen Iowa BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR 20* and snowing with freezing rain and more snow promised You have just found the best food forum on the net Jump in and ask all the questions you want. surf our threads for ideas

Thanks everybody!! I feel for you dave...it is just nippy out!!
And thanks for the compliment Katie... I do look forward to many dishes to come and learning what I can from here!

Back
Top Bottom