Not new but away for a long time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

balibar

Cook
Hello, this is Balibar from Brussels. I've been away for quite a while and am very happy to be visiting my favorite cooking website once more. I see there have been quite a lot of changes since I was last here, so I shall end this post and go explore the recipes. :)

I'm too new to know you....YET, but welcome back. Can't wait to get to know you.

16.gif

Hi balibar I'm new since you were here but looking forward to getting to know you.

Thank you very much everybody, I'm glad to be back and will post one of my own recipes soon (I certainly used enough of yours!). Right now, very busy painting kitchen and expecting new cabinets tomorrow, which means two days without a kitchen, every cook's nightmare. All my pots and utensils are piling up on my dining room table. I never knew I owned so many! And I still have to remove every packet of everything I ever bought (a good time to check those sell-by dates) from the shelves.:mad: :)

Painting and new cabinets! Wow! Your kitchen will look wonderful I'm sure! As for the packets and whatnot, that can surely be an adventure! It's always funny to find something and wonder why on earth you purchased it.

That must be why I bought three small tins of cream of tartar when I was in the US some time ago (date still ok). The thing is, I don't think we use that stuff over here and I can't really remember what to do with it. Probably seemed like a great idea at the time. Ditto for the 12 packets of Jello.
In the meantime, my entire dining room looks like a disaster area and I'm running around like a headless chicken mumbling what has become my mantra: "it'll be over by Wednesday, it'll be over by Wednesday..." Well, I certainly hope so!

you don't use cream of tartar? How does your meringue stay up?
Although, I will admit, that's it's only use at my house, except when my children were really small, it was a necessary ingredient in homemade play-dough.

I've got the disaster zone here too - since we have a 3-day weekend for Memorial Day, I've taken out the carpeting from my son's room. That in itself wasn't too bad, but now we're in the process of organizing and throwing away stuff. I want my living room back!

Back
Top Bottom