Not really a chef...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Damien

Senior Cook
Good day..

I am Damien. I am not a chef.. I enjoy cooking and seem to be pretty good at it, but never have taken any form of formal education for putting this or that together. My education is actually in Fire protection and am currently a firefighter at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, NM. I enjoy cooking Asian foods mostly because I lived in Japan for 8 years when I was in the US Navy and it brings back a lot of great memories.

I am 32, living in Rio Rancho, NM with my girlfriend of 2 years and our 3 dogs, Cooper, Mima and Yubee. Cooper is a Labrador/Weimaraner mix and Yubee and Mima are chihuahuas born of the same litter. Cooper was a rescue that we made last September. My GF and I moved here from Superior, Wisconsin in the chase for the elusive job.

Anyways.. enough about me.. I feel as if I've written a book.

-Damien

:chef:Welcome,
You don't have to be a chef to be here. I look forward to your asian cooking ideaa and recipes. Enjoy!

Welcome to DC. You will find us friendly and helpful. Of course, we hope to see what you have to offer as well. This is a great place to share ideas about all things culinary. Have fun and feel at ease.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome... I do intend to share ideas, recipes I favor and laughs!

Pacanis, Surprisingly, my pup Cooper is probably one of the most relaxed dogs I've ever been around. She trains well, listens well and is a huge wuss. I came home from a 48 hour shift this morning and all she wanted to do was sit in my lap, so I started calling her my laprador retriever. She is a 50 Lb. Lap dog... :LOL:

-Damien

welcome welcome

many of us are not certified chefs..many of us just happen to be absolutely crazy about food tech/science.
hope you enjoy your time on the forum, find any information you seek and find places to jump in.

I came home from a 48 hour shift this morning and all she wanted to do was sit in my lap, so I started calling her my laprador retriever. She is a 50 Lb. Lap dog... :LOL:

-Damien

I can relate to that. We have a 73 lb boxer and lab mix lap dog here. His counterpart is a 50 lb boxer and setter mix lap dog (see my avatar pic)

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome... I do intend to share ideas, recipes I favor and laughs!

Pacanis, Surprisingly, my pup Cooper is probably one of the most relaxed dogs I've ever been around. She trains well, listens well and is a huge wuss. I came home from a 48 hour shift this morning and all she wanted to do was sit in my lap, so I started calling her my laprador retriever. She is a 50 Lb. Lap dog... :LOL:

-Damien

I can relate to that. We have a 73 lb boxer and lab mix lap dog here. His counterpart is a 50 lb boxer and setter mix lap dog (see my avatar pic)

First of all, Damien, welcome. I know you will fit in quite nicely here. A) your love of food and B) your love of dogs!

As Dave (and many others here) already knows, I have a lap dog named Violet....she is a 60+ pound Border Collie/Boxer with a hint of Samoyed in her as well. And then there are the times when our 20 pound Bichon MaltiPoo wants to get in on the act.....that's over 80 pounds of dog on one lap!

Welcome, can you hook me up with a mail order source for fresh Hatch green chilis?:)

We are slaves to a pack of pugs.

Craig

Last edited:
Welcome, Damien. At least around here, when you hear the smoke alarm, it just means dinner is ready! Some of my favorite people are EMS, EMT and Firemen...! It's a tough job and I am glad you have a couple of pups, a GF and cooking for relaxing on your time off.

I am a slave to two of the feline variety.

Thank you everyone for the very kind welcome. I look forward to interacting with all of you and sharing my (lack of) expertise. :)

-Damien

Back
Top Bottom