o la la

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Samenderya

Assistant Cook
hello everyone,

how are u guys, hope u all are fine and still cooking!...
well i am not much of a cook, i mostly try my hand in baking ....
i am 25 year old, live in pakistan, karachi. The problem here is finding the right stuff for baking, cause in baking u need top of theline ingrediants! u have noo idea how much time and effort it took me to get a simple cake recipe working !
so u see at first i had this curse i could not make cookies, everytime i would try they would turn out to be muffins or cupcakes or something in middle, so i was finally banned from making cookies...
then i found this french cuisine site with pictures for every steps... i don't know i felt like giving a try and whoola finally there they were nice cookies.... oh i could have kissed my self! now i am off to baking other stuff beside desserts , like crossiants, and bagel..but my major problem in this area is YEAST .. i wish i could do something to those single celled organism... they just won't rise in my crossiants and pizza dough !
so now my arch nemesis is this yeast ...
i have to deat those little buggers , wish me luck fellow comarades! u know i need it !:neutral:

Hello Sam and welcome!! Yes baking is, as I am also learning myself, can be a tricky matter and very often takes some (or lots of) trials and errors. Don't be discouraged, as you found out in your cookie making, when there is a will, you always find a way!! And this is a great place to find your way, new ideas and friendship.
We would also be interested in some of your Pakistani specialties!!

Welcome!! I don't believe we currently have another Pakistani member -which means you get to open our eyes to some brand new recipes!
We're really glad you're here, and if you stay around long enough, you'll have more help than you can imagine.

Welcome to DC - and good luck with your baking. What kind of cookies did you make?

Back
Top Bottom