obligatory introduction

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

padre

Assistant Cook
Hola,

I'm an adventurous amateur foodie. I tired of people calling me a picky eater at some point and now take a "shock and awe" approach to eating new things. (Raw quail egg? Two, please.)

I've taken a few classes at a nearby Viking Cooking School, which is pricey but fun for me. I experiment pretty crazily in the kitchen with results varying from genius! to toss it. I also TiVo The Food Network and comb through cook books to work on basic skills and interesting ideas.

When I was younger, I spent a bit of time happily cleaning tables, dumping grease traps, and generally doing whatever needed doing in a cafeteria, but I've never done anything like cooking on a line. Had Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential been in my hands at the time, I imagine I'd have gone on to do it for a living instead of the corporate life I'm in now.

I guess what I'm driving at is that I like me some cookin'.:chef:

standard response of greetings, padre. :)

how 'bout tryin' those quail eggs on sea urchin, gunkan-maki style?

you'll find a lot of adventurous eaters here, so you should feel at home very quickly.

how 'bout tryin' those quail eggs on sea urchin, gunkan-maki style?

When I'm fortunate enough to find myself in a place where I can have quail eggs, I find the wait staff never knows on which pieces of sushi the egg will sit. We go back and forth until it works out.

I'll make a mental note to find out if sea urchin is on the list next time I do sushi.

you can get the egg by itself without the urchin, served pretty much the same way in the little nori "boat". however, the urchin takes it to another level.

446536860_e6fb0f1fe1.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom