Ok, lets get this out of the way

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David_1966

Assistant Cook
Found this site from one of the other "Social Knowledge" forums, figure it will therefore likely be useful and have decent moderation............

.........Anyway, last new recipe I cooked was a baked potato in a microwave - and I had to Google how to do that :LOL:..........figure at 43 time to expand my cooking repetoire a bit - time will tell how that goes :chef:

Welcome to DC, David.

It appears the the potato you cooked didn't kill you so you are well on your way.

Have you tried to boil water yet?

I got into cooking late in life as well. It was a post divorce necessity.

Welcome David. I am sure you will find all the potato nuking tips you could ever want here, plus much much more. We are thrilled you joined us.

The journey of a thousand steps starts with just one. Now that you know how to nuke a potato, we can walk you through doing one in a toaster oven then eventually you will graduate to the big oven. See how easy baby steps are?

Nice to meet you David, don't be shy about posting ANY question. There are the most helpful and patient people here. Welcome. What other SK board do you hail from?

Cheers for the welcome folks :cool:

Gotta lotta reading to do, then the questions will surely follow...........

(BTW came accross from Cruisers Forum - so apart from trying to add some much needed variety to my home cooking am also looking for recipes / skills / cooking methods that can be used in the confines of a yacht from ingredients that can survive afloat..........I like a challenge :-p)

Found this site from one of the other "Social Knowledge" forums, figure it will therefore likely be useful and have decent moderation............

.........Anyway, last new recipe I cooked was a baked potato in a microwave - and I had to Google how to do that :LOL:..........figure at 43 time to expand my cooking repetoire a bit - time will tell how that goes :chef:

I now dont feel so bad, that is used to do, there is this one video on You Tube, with this lady and it is hysterical!!!!!

Welcome, David. I am sure your journey into cooking will be a good experience and we will do our best to guide you along the way!

Things have progressed (a bit :rolleyes:).........got fed up with always throwing half a loaf of bread away, so I now have an electric Sandwich maker type thing - the big sell from the saleswoman was that it also does Paninis, to which my response was: "do I look like someone who is ever going to make a Panini? :-p"

Does great Cheese & Onion Toasties though :) and Cheese & Tomato, Cheese & Mayo and plain Cheese :chef: I like Cheese :)

Also bought a Pressure Cooker:chef:. But that's still in the box :rolleyes: next to the Slow Cooker (used once - stew tasted of metal :LOL:). Loadsa Questions to come on those two in due course............

Ask away, ask away! For one I like showing off my cooking skills and I love teaching. And if I don't know something I'll look it up! Welcome to DC!

Back
Top Bottom