"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 10-24-2007, 11:12 AM   #1
Assistant Cook

Thumbs up OneidaFan new to the site-

HI everyone,
my name is Joel and I am the OneidaFan. I am new to this forum but I am excited to read and learn from the "professionals." I am a casual cooker at home but my true passion is eating rather than cooking. I love food and great recipes. I am a 31 year old married man with four wonderful children at home and my wife is a fantastic cook. I am exposed to a lot of cookware and kitchenware at work because I work for Oneida limited and I am responsible for gathering and looking for recipes and good content for the (website address removed website. I love my job and I love my wife and kids. My wife can always whip up great recipes and season things without measuring, which has fascinated me to watch. I have seen her grow as a cook over the years (almost 12 years now).
It wasn't always like that, however. When we first got married my wife cooked some kind of mixture of kidney beans, kabbasa, tomato soup (yes I said tomato soup) and I want to say canned green beans. needless to say I was a little unnerved about my first meal prepared by my wife. That is not all. I had bought a bunch of chicken breasts (a lot of $$) and had it in the fridge. When I got home the next day from work I found the chicken (all of it) gracefully suspended in some kind of gelatin, jello looking substance. I asked her about it and she was excited to tell me that it was a marinade that she put together using mayonese and a bunch of other weird ingredients that solidified in the fridge and ruined all of the chicken that I bought.
She has come a long, long way since then and we laugh about those moments now.

Old 10-24-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Hi Joel. We're so glad you're here! I got a kick out of your wife's chicken fiasco. Be sure and send her here, too. There are several husband & wife members here!

Old 10-24-2007, 11:23 AM   #3
Assistant Cook

Will do! Thanks.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:25 AM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Welcome to DC Joel...

Have Fun & Enjoy!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:29 AM   #5
Head Chef

Joel a man after my own heart! Welcome to DC. :)
Old 10-24-2007, 11:30 AM   #6
Assistant Cook

Thank you! I probably will be learning more than sharing advice here but I may surprise you. I love your saying about the "softness of head." That's funny!
Old 11-07-2007, 09:07 AM   #7
Assistant Cook

Smile I am looking for some great Kosher recipes...

I am looking for some great Kosher recipes for Hannukah celebration coming up soon. Does anyone have any suggestions?