Plain Old Cook

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Officer Mancuso

Assistant Cook
I'm a 54 year old man who's been the primary cook in his household throughout my adult life. My family's income is modest so I don't employ truffles and caviar, but I know good food when I taste it, and try to put it on the table on a daily basis. I have always enjoyed cooking - very likely because I enjoy eating!

I know a bit about barbecue and grilling, but beyond that I'm pretty pedestrian (which is not the same thing as a pretty pedestrian).

This looks like a great forum.

:) Welcome, most of us do not do truffles or caviar either. We like a lot foods here I think you will really like it since we can go from basic to a bit more but for the most part just regular good food. Plus just good conversation as well.:)

Welcome to DC, Officer! I think you'll find many of us are in a similar culinary situation as you. Poke around and see what you find.

We may not do alot of truffles here, but we sure do like our twuffles!! ;)

Glad you found us and I hope you make yourself at home!! :chef:

welcome officer.

good intro, so i'll let you off with a warning this time. if you like good food, you're gonna like it here. :cool:

move along.

Thanks!

Thanks to each of you who replied to my introduction, I appreciate your kindness!

I should perhaps add that I'm not really an Officer, "Officer Mancuso" is just a screen name I use in my favorite haunts. However, I really do cook :chef: and look forward to some fun here with yinz ("yinz" being a clue to the answer to the question, "What is my favorite NFL team?").

Thanks again.

Welcome, Officer Mancuso. Good to have you here,and I'm sure you'll find plenty of down to earth recipes for good meals, good bread and fantastic desserts. Get ready to put on a few pounds.

By the way, can you take care of a little parking ticket for me while you're here?:LOL::LOL:

Back
Top Bottom