Please allow me to introduce myself...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi! My husband pointed me to this discussion board and it looks like a lot of fun. It seems like people introduce themselves, so here goes...

My culinary interests are.... uh... food. I love food. I'm never happier than when I'm in the kitchen. I love food from all over the world. I guess you could say that I like exploring through food places I'll probably never get to see in person. Sometimes I cook just for myself. Sometimes I cook for a crowd - my record is a buffet lunch for 325.

I've had absolutely no formal culinary training. One day when I was about eleven or twelve my grandmother turned to me and said, "It's obvious your mother isn't going to teach you anything domestic; you're staying here with me for a day or two." She taught me the basics and how to feel comfortable in the kitchen so I could do things myself.

I'm really looking forward to getting into this forum and learning from everyone!

I've had absolutely no formal culinary training. One day when I was about eleven or twelve my grandmother turned to me and said, "It's obvious your mother isn't going to teach you anything domestic; you're staying here with me for a day or two." She taught me the basics and how to feel comfortable in the kitchen so I could do things myself.

I'm really looking forward to getting into this forum and learning from everyone!

Hi!! *waves*

I see you are from Boston :) I'm on the south shore, and I go to school in the city (Umass).

I had about the same amount of "culinary training" as you - mom never taught me how to even boil water, and my grandmother provided me with my first cookbook 2 christmases ago. I don't think that not having that kind of training is a disadvantge though :) that way you have a different way of cooking than anyone else in your family, but you still have grandma's guidance :)

Hi! Hubby found this site for me too... and now I often hear " are you on DC again??" LOL...Yep, I'm always here! It's a great place!

Enjoy!

Welcome to the best on the web.I have been a member of this site for over a year and I learn new tricks all most every day. So pull up a comfy chair and enjoy our site.

I am fairly new here myself and already addicted. I love it here. Everyone is so nice and helpful. Welcome!!

Back
Top Bottom