Please Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hawkey

Assistant Cook
I'm about to harvest my first cucumber of the year. I'm planning on pickling them. Since only 1 cucumber is ready to be harvested what should I soak this first one in till all are harvested and ready to be pickled? My plan is to make garlic dills. If anybody could give me some advice I would appreciate it.

Howdy!
Welcome to D.C.!
I doubt that lonesome cucumber will survive till the rest of 'em are ready.
Best slice it in a bowl and add some sweetened vinegar or pickle juice and enjoy!

Hoot said:
Howdy!
Welcome to D.C.!
I doubt that lonesome cucumber will survive till the rest of 'em are ready.
Best slice it in a bowl and add some sweetened vinegar or pickle juice and enjoy!

+1

I had a similar situation, one big cuke and the rest nowhere near ready, just made up a nice single sliced refrigerator pickle.

Last edited:
Welcome!

I have to agree with Hoot. You will probably find that you will have a few that are ripe on their own, but they will start to be ready in bunches. You can even pickle a jar at a time....but not a cucumber at a time! :rolleyes:

Welcome to D.C.

I am afraid I cannot be of any assistance, as we do not have any farm land nor a garden. I only grow basil and oregano indoors out of great need.

Ciao,
Have a wonderful summer.

Hello and welcome to DV Hawkey :)

Great to have you join us and hope to be chatting with you soon :)

Oh my gosh. Just wash it and eat the thing the way it is. The rest will be ready soon and you can make pickles. I sure wish I had one to eat right now, but I'm weird that way. I like em not made into pickles! And...welcome. Enjoy it here, and enjoy your garden.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom