Problems in the kitchen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a downside to big kitchens....lots of walking to and fro! :neutral:

Only if they're badly designed. Mine is pretty big - about 15 x 22 feet. But there's a peninsula in the center and the appliances and sink are fairly close together on one side, so it works well. The other side has lots of storage and counter space.

Last edited:
There is a downside to big kitchens....lots of walking to and fro! :neutral:

Only if they're badly designed. Mine is pretty big - about 15 x 22 feet. But there's a peninsula in the center and the appliances and sink are fairly close together on one side, so it works well. The other side has lots of storage and counter space.
Design is very important. I had a well designed large kitchen that was a delight to cook in. The kitchen I have now isn't particularly small, ~8' x ~14', but the design is terrible. It's so bad that it would take a normal person a week of trying to do a bad, but usable design to come up with something as bad as this.

I've made peace with and adapted to my tiny 1970's harvest gold apartment kitchen. I have 42 inches of usable counter space and two double electrical outlets. One outlet is taken up by the refrigerator and the microwave that sits on top of the refrigerator. The other is available for the occasional use of the hand mixer or the blender. No dishwasher and as of a year ago no garbage disposal.

The key for me is to have a minimum of mixing bowls, gadgets etc... and to clean as I go so that I can reuse things and never have a really large mess to deal with at the end.

I really enjoy using my imagination to solve the small problems that pop up from time to time. I might feel differently if I had to cook every day for a large family. I'm at a point in my life where I only cook things I enjoy and then only when I feel like it.

Repeat after me!!!:ermm::ohmy::LOL:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abjAqvdGZgM

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom