Pudding basins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mothergoose

Assistant Cook
I am a Brit living in S. VT and I want to make xmas pudding for the first time, but don't seem to be able to find pudding basins.
Please help.

Thank you, I'll try those, but I was rather hoping that someone could direct me to a shop so that I could go and see them first.

Are there any specialty/gourmet food/kitchenware stores in or near your area? Maybe a call is in order. I hope you find what you're looking for!

Are you kidding? I live in Vermont and there's nothing like that to my knowledge anywhere nearby.
If anybody can contradict me, I'd be more than happy to find them.

I fully understand, I used to live on the very northern edge - there were cows, lots of cows and lots of snow! lol

That's why the internet may be your best option.

This may be an odd suggestion but - our hardware store here carries some very handy and "old timey" kitchen items - just a thought.

mothergoose said:
Are you kidding? I live in Vermont and there's nothing like that to my knowledge anywhere nearby.
If anybody can contradict me, I'd be more than happy to find them.
I don't know exactly where you are, but I'd be surprised if you couldn't find what you need in Bennington or Manchester. Bennington is a decent sized town, and Manchester is full of outlet and specialty stores. Farther north, Rutland has at least one decent kitchen specialty store. Of course, there's always Albany, NY, where you should be able to find almost anything.

If you can't find one, you can use a suitable-sized mixing bowl. Preferably metal. You can use aluminium foil (sealed on with string or a rubber-band) as a lid. I've done that many a time with steamed puddings, since I don't have a proper pudding basin. If you have a double boiler, the top bit will suffice, too.

I recently purchased some through Amazon and they are fine. Just go and do a search.

Only help I can be.

Back
Top Bottom