Re-Introducing JillBurgh

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JillBurgh

Sous Chef
Hello, all! It's Jill. Some of you will remember me because I posted just about every day from Dec 07 til Feb 08, and then I dropped off the face of the Earth!:ohmy:

Well, it was nothing personal. My family bought a house for Grandma (90 yrs old) to be closer to us, and I have been there every free moment of my life for the past 10 weeks, painting, planting, pouring concrete, decorating, scrubbing carpets, and on and on and on. We want the house to be perfect because Grandma doesn't know she's moving yet!:shock:

Anyway, the house is finished now (excepting some minor details - like grandma) and I MISS DC and all of my new DC FRIENDS!!!!

What the heck did I miss?!? I have a lot of pics of food I made Easter time and I'll be posting them. And some pressure-cooker stuff too. Plus I still need grill shopping help (Thanks to Jeenks for checking in about the grill situation - I will re-visit that topic soon).

Pacanis- I tried short ribs for the first time too (with an embarrassing request to the butcher for "prime" short ribs- oops).:doh:

Well I've missed you all and I'm happy to be back. Looking forward to chatting with you all again!
:clap:

Welcome back Jill. It is good to see you again :)

The biggest thing you have missed is our new chat feature.

AHHH! Why would you do this to me?!

My relationship is doomed. Now he'll never get me away from (what he calls) "my little cooking friends." (As in the sarcastic "I don't know. Why don't you ask one of your little cooking friends?")

No really- it's too cool. I'm gonna ease my way into the chat feature. I still have a lot of catching up to do without any early distractions! I guess I REALLY am looking forward to "Chatting" with all of you!

AHHH! Why would you do this to me?!

My relationship is doomed. Now he'll never get me away from (what he calls) "my little cooking friends." (As in the sarcastic "I don't know. Why don't you ask one of your little cooking friends?")

No really- it's too cool. I'm gonna ease my way into the chat feature. I still have a lot of catching up to do without any early distractions! I guess I REALLY am looking forward to "Chatting" with all of you!

Hey Jill. Welcome back. And just so's ya knows, ders a few of us 'round her what ain't so little. If'n ya wants us ta "talk" to yer chump, er, I mean significant udder; doh, did I say that right; no, I mean significant other, den just say da woid. I got my pal from Joisey what'll be glad to have a few woids wit' 'im. :ROFLMAO:

But seriously Jill, I hope we don't interfere with your relationship too much. Just pick some time when he's at work to go on-line. Save the rest of the time for your grandma and your guy.

Seeeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Hi Jill and welcome back!

I'm sure your Grandma will love her new house and being closer to family! Good to have you back!

What a cool thing you are doing for your grandmother!
Looking forward to seeing the pressure cooker pics/recipes you have, Jill.

Jill, welcome back. It does not seem like it has been that long since I last seen a post from you, but none the less, glad your back!

Welcome Back Jill!! was it you who was trying to infuse lavender into frosting/cream? If it was, how did that go? Hope your grandmother likes her new house when she finds out!

Jill, welcome back. It does not seem like it has been that long since I last seen a post from you, but none the less, glad your back!

Thanks, Sattie. It's been about 12 weeks since I posted, I think. That's okay that you didn't notice.:whistling

No really... It's fine.:glare:

Good to hear from you, though. Thanks for taking a minute to say hi! :winkiss:

Welcome back to DC.. Try and get your grand mother to give you some of her recipes that she has cooked for years so they can stay in the family.

Grandma is Polish but her husband was Lebanese. So she'd make haluski and serve it with a side of pita bread! Really!!

I have my variation of her haluski recipe posted in the recipe forum of my website if you're interested. The other things I am really fond of from her is her Easter Ham and Chicken Noodle Soup. Mm-m:chicken:

Back
Top Bottom