Restaurant Cook?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef_Jimmy

Senior Cook
I was just wondering who here cooks at a restaurant or is a chef? I am, anyone else?:chef:

mY STEP FATHER(BEFORE HE DIED) was a gourmet chef and he was really good too... he also owned his own resturant as well... he is missed by so many :)

just curious what kind of establishments do you cook at? what types of food does you resturant specialize in?(if any) any italian chefs among you all?

French restaurant. When i started cooking, there was no better place to learn, it was one of the top restaurants in town with classically trained chef who taught me "the way" all food stems from French technique. Once you know the techniques and learn all the right habits (no shortcuts) you are on your way to creating your own style and being great. I love this type of cooking, yet I don't really eat at French restaurants, just cook there I have a lot of friends in the area cook at nice places, so I get spoiled going to nice restaurants and eating their food. For the people who love to cook, but have never done it in a restaurant, just let me tell you, it's not what you think. Sure it's fun, but also hellacious and VERY stressful. It is not easy. You either love it or hate it. It's definately not for the meek.

*raises his hand.

I'm a cook at a country club. We're closed this month, so I get to stay home and play with new/different recipes in the kitchen.

:chef: Im with Chef Jimmy learning technique and good habits is key.I worked for a french chef for 11 years and learned so much at a ski area.I also worked at a variety of restaurants and high mountain lodges.
Now Im a private chef and like that the best.I have alot of freedom to make just about anything I want.
Im always learning. I believe you can not know everything about cooking/baking etc plus master all the cuisines all over the world in one life time.It never gets boring for me.

I'm a Kitchen Manager/Chef at a high volume bar and grill. My background has been hotels/banquets, so I've cooked a little of everything through the years.

I am a professional chef. I accepted my first Sous Chef job this weekend, and I am really excited.

I have worked in hotels most of my career and have experience in banquets and restaurant.

Back
Top Bottom