Ripe for the pickin'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

strawberry

Cook
Hi there! :)

I keep feeling like I should make some sort of introduction... especially since I've been lurking around now for a week. So here it is... :D

I've been cooking since I was very young - started out at my mother's and grandmother's sides helping them. I've always had fun working in the kitchen. I have split loves... I am a baker at heart, but still love to dabble in the free form creativity of every day cooking. There's nothing quite so satisfying as to see the layers of puff pastry form or the airiness of a well made choux paste. But at the same time, the rewards from pulling something out of my hat are hard to beat.

I found DC on google. I was looking specifically for a forum that I could talk about cooking. I don't have a lot of people I can discuss the nitty gritty of it all with being I just moved across country last year. Plus when I talk about cooking/baking with my boyfriend, his eyes cross as much as mine do when he gets too far into computer technical talk. :LOL:

I've been looking around and I really like what I see. This looks like a really cool forum and I am glad I found it.

:chef:

Hi, strawberry. Welcome to DC. Well, if you've been lurking for a while, then you know the discussions can be as varied as the people here. This is a great place to talk about all things cooking and food. Plan to stay a nice long time and become part of the family. We're glad you've found us.

Hi there! :)

I keep feeling like I should make some sort of introduction... especially since I've been lurking around now for a week. So here it is... :D

You been lurking from Florida? Welcome here. Did you notice the thread about Arepas and the lady who is asking about arepas recipes like they make at Arepa Queen in Miami and now franchises or something like that. Any clue? You might check out the thread, you might have some good info. I'm going to make the recipe she posted. Hope it's the right one! D

Welcome to DC, glad you found us, when I talk to my non cooking friends, they roll their eyes and can't wait till I am done !! Oh well, such is life !!

I haven't seen that thread David... it's a long ways south of me anyway. I wouldn't be of much help sorry to say.

I know what you mean Barb... they all appreciate that I can cook but they're not much interested in the details. :-p

Hi Strawberry!

I like Florida. Lovely sun and the beaches are nice! I love your key lime pies there. Woohoo! We met many Americans from Florida when we went on a cruist to Alaska and they were totally blown away by the forest of B.C. coast line.

Thanks all. :)

Lady, the forests of the PNW are beautiful. I'm originally from that neck of the woods.

Dave, I like to bake just about everything... although I still have a grudge against croissants so I haven't made those in ages. They're tough lil suckers. :-p

This weekend's project will be my grandmother's cinnamon rolls. yummmmm....

Lately I've been making a lot of pies just because my bf is a huge pie lover. But I also like to make breads, cakes, pastries etc. I don't get the opportunity to make bread as much as I would like - we don't eat a lot of bread and I don't have my usual list of volunteers anymore to send "leftovers" to.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom