Rugged Dude, from Nova Scotia, Canada

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Rugged Dude

Senior Cook
Just found this site... looks great! My favourite type of cooking is the old retro deal... on a wood burning cook stove. I live off-grid, way the hell back in the woods. No electric appliances in my kitchen...

Totally rugged!

Would love to hear about your wild fish and game, off-grid kinda stuff...

RD

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found this site... looks great! My favourite type of cooking is the old retro deal... on a wood burning cook stove. I live off-grid, way the hell back in the woods. No electric appliances in my kitchen...

Totally rugged!

Would love to hear about your wild fish and game, off-grid kinda stuff...

RD

I am old enough to remember my mother having a wood burning stove. To this day I can stick my hand in the oven and know what the temperature is. My mother made some of the best cakes in that oven.

Welcome to DC. :angel:

Welcome to DC! I used to do quite a bit of campfire cooking when I was younger. Now the closest I come is my offset smoker, Weber kettle or BGE.

Welcome to DC. If it' a day that ends in "y", I clean my bifocals, if I remember. He says he doesn't use electric appliances, not that he doesn't use electricity.

Welcome to DC.

Just curious - how do you access the internet if you're off the grid?

I live 2 miles off the grid, but there is some kind of cell tower (I'm NOT a techie type, trust me!) and all I do is plug this little thing (a little larger in size than a memory stick) into my laptop... and ... I have the Google.

I also have my own solar power and a generator for running power tools and things like that. Off grid living is easy these days... especially, the part about never paying for power, heat (2 woodstoves) or water ( a river runs 100 feet behind my house).

Thx for all the nice welcomes...

I had listed my website in the first message, but it got removed... I didn't know we couldn't list our website. If you Google me - Rugged Dude - that'll be me. I hope this is okay with the site? If not, yank it off again and sorry in advance...

RD

Welcome to DC. If it' a day that ends in "y", I clean my bifocals, if I remember. He says he doesn't use electric appliances, not that he doesn't use electricity.

You're right... I could use things like a microwave, electric can opener, mixer, blender... I have enough power, but I choose not to.

Retro...

Hopefully our buddy Hoot will stop in. He does reinactments, and while he doesn't live off the grid, he does a lot of rustic cooking and stuff when at the Rendezvous.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom