"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 06-07-2013, 08:25 AM   #11
Head Chef

Hi Rocky.
Welcome to DC.

Josie

Old 06-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #12
Cook

Name Origin and Fettuccine Recpie

To answer Hoot's question, it is eerily similar to it. years ago, I had a pickup truck with a CB radio. I had a friend who was a hunter and he gave me a squirrel tail (Cause I was young, single, and was easily amused by stuff like that).

Well I took down my Giant CB antenna, and put the squirrel tail on it, and stuck it back up. As I drove down the Interstate, the truckers would talk about it 'Look at that flying squirrel go down the road'. One smart alec trucker said, "Wonder where Bullwinkle is" So I became known as 'Rocky the Flying Squirrel' on the CB

So when I started another hobby known as Geocaching (a GPS treasure hunting game/social website), I adapted that name as well. I also had a yahoo accound but that name was taken, so I added an extra 'L' to Squirrel (Squirrell), and the 'e' in rockey was added in by accident.

As for the Fettuccine recipe. It is simple. I use spaghetti as I still get the texture mushy with fettuccine and I take store bought Alfredo sauce, but heat it up in a separate pot, add in chopped Garlic, a little olive oil, bacon bits, butter, milk salt, pepper, and juice from the chicken preparation. Let it heat about 10 minutes after it begins to boil. I also experiment with other spices each time.

The chicken, I soak in a brine solution and add a little soy sauce when the outside shows signs of whiteness.

Old 06-07-2013, 11:00 AM   #13
Cook

sorry i tried to reply but it got lost somewhere
Old 06-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #14
Senior Cook

Oh no Rockey. Making Alfredo from scratch is just as easy as opening that jar! I'll have to share my recipe with you after my 3 puppies are done sleeping on me while pinning me to my recliner. I am stuck here and loving every minute of it!

We had a CB in our home and my dad's can. I was Little Sparkie because at that time I was in a marching band called the Sparkies. I was also 1976 state champ in batons!
Old 06-07-2013, 11:43 AM   #15
Cook

As far as leaving. as I said before, I drive a special ed route, and my one student got summer school. I drive from a rural area to a bigger City (Belleville, IL) and I get a paid layover.

I spend my time at the library, and since school started, actually I drove another Special ed route when I began school bus driving in 2009, then went to a full size school bus for 2 years, then had to get something more local, so I was used to comming to the Library.

As I looked at books, my favorite section is the cooking books. So since 2009, I have been more into cooking with recipes.

Anyway I can get on the library computer for 2 half hour sessions, so I am in and out quickly when I can. Next week is an off week so I may not be on. We do have internet at the house but is rarely used as 3 kids run us amok.

so if it seems like I am ignoreing or cutting out quickly, that is why, I am limited on my internet time.

Thanks for the warm welcome by the way. I tried getting on cookingforums website and they rejected me because they thought I was a spammbot. of course I used my initials and zip code 'ljt3d622' as a name and that is my only guess why they would think that.

Any insight on that from the moderators? But thanks for wlecoming me on. Most of my questions will be like "What happens if I...." or "What did I do wrong in this recipe?"

I know, those two questions seem to go hand in hand. Hopefully by asking the first of the two the second can be avoided.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #16
Assistant Cook

Welcome

Hi!! Welcome :-)

Check out my foodie blog: www.andstirwell.com
jglazebrook is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cook