Senior Male now cooking...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
welcome, homecook.

our dishwasher, only about a year and a half old, started having cleaning roblems, so we put something called c.l.r. (which stands for calcium, lime, and rust remover) into to soap comartment and ran a cleaning cycle, repeating the process about 10 times before the damn thing started working well again. our water sucks, so it looks like wr'll have to do this more often.

hope this helps.

Welcome, taking the reins of the household is alot of work especially when you have been busy taking care of us Americans. I would like to thank you for your Air force Career and service.
I have a cousin along with his wife who were Major Generals, his wife I forgot what her status was in the air force was. She was the same I think.can't remember. But they also are taking on the role of caring now for their elder parents.
I am sorry for your wife sickness. I want to remind you that often caretakers get run done from taking care of their loved ones, so please take care of yourself also and I know from experience with dealing with miltary families-(My family lots of Naval careers) They don't ask for help, they try to fix things on their own, Don't be afraid to ask for help. Take time for youself also as when you are rested - your wife will benefit from it. I wish you both well and all us will be glad to offer our experiences to you- God Bless.

Howdy from the Fort Myers/Cape Coral area to your south. I've been focusing lately on fresh fish to be had from the local Gulf fishermen, and recommend fish (unless you and/or your wife don't like fish) as a fast, easy, healthful item to cook, along with fresh vegetables that are nearly always available down here in Florida. I hope your new job as cook becomes a pleasure rather than a chore -- the folks on DC, as you've already seen by the posts here, are always ready to help out with recipes or ways to create dishes. Greetings and good wishes to you and your wife!

Welcome, taking the reins of the household is alot of work especially when you have been busy taking care of us Americans. I would like to thank you for your Air force Career and service.
I have a cousin along with his wife who were Major Generals, his wife I forgot what her status was in the air force was. She was the same I think.can't remember. But they also are taking on the role of caring now for their elder parents.
I am sorry for your wife sickness. I want to remind you that often caretakers get run done from taking care of their loved ones, so please take care of yourself also and I know from experience with dealing with miltary families-(My family lots of Naval careers) They don't ask for help, they try to fix things on their own, Don't be afraid to ask for help. Take time for youself also as when you are rested - your wife will benefit from it. I wish you both well and all us will be glad to offer our experiences to you- God Bless.
My father is also a retired Vet. He is receiving some homecare assistance (caretaker relief) through Vet. Affairs. You may want to check to see if there is some assistance available to you as the caretaker. Taking care of an Alzheimer's patient (or other) alone is exhausting and very hard on the caretaker.

Welcome!!

My dad had Alzheimer's and my partner's father is currently suffering. I know how cameras (and phones, remote controls, wall art, etc goes missing).

And I also know that those with Alzheimer's have varied relationships with food. My dad ate anything you put in front of him. My partners dad doesn't want to eat at all.

So I have a few questions:

What do you like to eat? What ingredients and preparations do you prefer ? As in chicken, broccoli, pasta, soups, roasts, casseroles.

Any particular cuisines? Italian?

About your dear wife.... How's her eating? Is she in need of calories? Is she fussy? If so, what are her favorites?

You mentioned low fat... Are there any other dietary concerns?

One last thing, how do you feel about leftovers? I love them but know way too many people who hate them, so I thought I'd ask. Does a recipe for 2or 3 meals which can be frozen interest you?

Please let us know a little more and you shall soon be showered with reciprs and cooking advice!

Back
Top Bottom