Serge from Ukraine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serge Toper

Assistant Cook
Hi there,
My name is Serge, I'm from Ukraine.
I joined this forum rather to get advice than to give it. :) I'm not a professional cooker, however, I love cooking very much.
A week ago I started a project: each day I will cook and eat a new meal. As I'm a bit disordered I created a blog to post there recipes I use for my projects and upload pictures of the results. :) If not the blog I think I would give up quickly. I hope it will help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome Serge!!!

Both my husband's parents came here to the U.S. from the Ukraine, but except for pierogi's, my husband doesn't exactly encourage me to cook like his mom did - lol!!!

Your project sounds very ambitious - moreso than I would be!!! You may find that trying one or two new dishes per week rather than every day more enjoyable, but heck, I'm just probably lazy - lol!!

And don't sell yourself short. I'd love to learn some Ukrainian recipes to surprise my husband with (although he doesn't eat any red meat).

Welcome to DC, Serge. (love the name) I'm an advice getter rather than an answerer, too. Fortunately, the cooks and chefs are very kind, patient and helpful.

Glad you found DC! :)

WELCOME

To Discuss Cooking, Serge.

Last edited:
Hey, Serega! Na Ukrainskix xarchax mozhno prosidet' bol'she goda i ni razu ne povtorit'sya. Udachi tebe.

So post the link to your blog. So we can all enjoy it.

CharlieD said:
Hey, Serega! Na Ukrainskix xarchax mozhno prosidet' bol'she goda i ni razu ne povtorit'sya. Udachi tebe..

Yeah, exactly, Charlie!!:LOL: (I wish I could say that honestly!!)

Welcome to our forum Sergei, I would love to learn more about your country, including food and all... so don't be shy and have fun with us!!

Well, thanks to all. I wish I could answer each post, but they are so many. There were some interest in Ukraine, so I would probably make one more blog about my country. :) There is so much to tell. I live in Odessa, maybe, the most interesting city in the world. :) Has anyone heard that there is Odessa cuisine? :) It is based mostly on Jewish recipes.
Ok, see you in the forum.
Thanks again.

Hello Serge! Welcome here, I guess I can say that because I just joined a few minutes ago. I can't post the official link to the website yet - they said I have to have twenty posts before I can. This is number three so that won't be a problem.

I have a passion and it's called ukraine orphans dot net - you can put that together can't you? There I have a collection of borsch recipes under the World's Best Borsch tab. Take a look and let me know what you think. One is from Elena Filatova of Kyiv, one is from a lady here who came from there, and so on. I've selected carefully and made most. Let me know what you think. And yes I have yet to meet a borsch I didn't like! :) Maybe some vereneky, or porohy to go with - either way is fine with me.
Cheers! David Cottrell

Back
Top Bottom