shokin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shokin

Assistant Cook
Hello, everybody, I live in Switzerland and speak French but I can also speak a bit English. I come here to read and share cooking. I teach French, German, Mathematics. I learn how to cook, how to play music. I will visit now here.

Welcome to D.C., Shokin.

You will find that this is board has plenty of international appeal, and members from many corners of the globe.

Switzerland is one of the most BEAUTIFUL countries I have had the pleasure of seeing with my own eyes, and plan to make it back at some point. I miss living in the EU as the travel, and adventures, are just so much more amazing, imo. Being able to hop on the train, and go away for 4 or 5 days, experience a different culture, language, and dramatic scenery I miss greatly.

Thanks for welcome, TATTRAT !

Of course, I can only admire Switzerland. :D

I've not been yet to United States. In Northern America, I just visited Montreal and Quebec City, and the sugar houses.:yum:

Welcome to DC Shokin! I love that DC is so global. I hope you will share some good Swiss recipes with us! :flowers:

shokin said:
Hello, everybody, I live in Switzerland and speak French but I can also speak a bit English. I come here to read and share cooking. I teach French, German, Mathematics. I learn how to cook, how to play music. I will visit now here.

My husband is half Swiss and lived there many years! He loves Swiss food. I'm looking foward to your recipes! Got a good one for sauerbraten?

Bonjour et bienvenue à DC, Shokin! Je parle français et allemand, et ont étudié neuf autres langues. Je me réjouis de l'influence suisse vous pouvez apporter à DC!

Please excuse my errors! It has been a long time since I've written in French.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all !

Sauerbraten is from Germany. I've never tasted it yet.

CWS4322, goodness ! nine languages ! which ones ? are you a linguist ? do you share your linguistic knowledge on a forum ? I am also interested in languages.

Yes, I'm trained as a linguist. Swedish, Norwegian, Italian, Latin, Russian, Hungarian, Spanish, Swahili, and Ojibway. I also studied several German dialects. I studied some for 1 year, others longer. I can't say I remember any Russian or Hungarian. Swahili was fun--it was part of a linguistics course. The final project was to develop a bilingual gloss with the help of a native speaker. I got assigned Swahili because it wasn't in a language family I had studied. Which for some reason, the prof thought that would give me an unfair advantage.

Good ! We will speak many languages here and everywhere ! (I speak a bit Spanish and Italian. I studied latine during college.)

Good ! We will speak many languages here and everywhere ! (I speak a bit Spanish and Italian. I studied latine during college.)
The universal language of DC is FOOD and cooking! :chef:Tell us about Racellet. I must admit I've been intrigued by the grill and tempted to get one. One of my favorite recipes that I think is Swiss is onion pancakes. Do you have a favorite recipe for these that you can share?

Back
Top Bottom