Slainte!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Slainte, you should have some really interesting slants on old and traditional recipes, both Italian, and Irish. I am sure you will find this place as addicting as the rest of us do.

Seamus, ryme with Reamus, or Itallian fame. That's pretty cool. What's even cooler is that you found this site. You will find a host of very knowledgeable and freindly people here. We have has a few of your contrymen and women here, but haven't seen some of them for a while now. So it's a happy hello to you from me.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Hi Seamus, welcome!

Does "Slainte!" mean the same as "Cheers" when you clink glasses before you drink? Can you type out how to pronounce it?

My Irish neighbor says something that sounds like "Schlonsh" as a toast before we clink.

Lee

Welcome, Seamus!

We have a 5 year old Seamus at our school and his name is pronounced "Shay-mus"--I'm as curious as Goodweed on how you pronounce it. Also does it mean anything as far as you know?

Have fun and hop on aboard!

for feck's sake, seamus. where have ya been?

sit down and have a cup of tea. go on. go on, go on, go on.

(lol, how's my mrs. doyle imitation?)

welcome.

my da is from leitrim. before him from mayo and cavan, the mean bastids we are. :) i'm a plastic paddy, but proud of it, nonetheless.

did you know ol' st. pat himself was born of italian parents?

btw, qsis, slainte is pronounced slont-chuh. it means "good health".
and yes, seamus is pronounced shay-mus.

Last edited:
for feck's sake, seamus. where have ya been?

sit down and have a cup of tea. go on. go on, go on, go on.

(lol, how's my mrs. doyle imitation?)

welcome.

my da is from leitrim. before him from mayo and cavan, the mean bastids we are. :) i'm a plastic paddy, but proud of it, nonetheless.

did you know ol' st. pat himself was born of italian parents?

btw, qsis, slainte is pronounced slont-chuh. it means "good health".
and yes, seamus is pronounced shay-mus.

Thanks, buckytom. From one O'Neill to another. It's nice to welcome another of "us."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom