"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 11-28-2015, 07:42 PM   #31
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDJ View Post
... and I can bake pretty much anything except bread.
I've never baked much of anything, but can bake bread (a very recently acquired skill). I've become enamored of the stuff! A quick search for dutch oven or no knead bread will produce a load of instructions and videos. It really is as idiot proof as they say (and I can attest to that!).

Old 11-28-2015, 10:40 PM   #32
Chef Extraordinaire

Welcome to DC Karen. From another Bostonian. I have moved out of here five times and returned each time. I had five kids, but am left with four. Three of my kids live within just minutes of me. One has become disabled and is presently staying with me until he can get on SSDI. A long process. And one child is in Vermont practicing Emergency Medicine.

I miss cooking big meals from scratch for my family. So whenever I have the energy, I make food for my daughter who lives just seconds from me. Her husband has a sweet tooth that can never be filled. I prefer baking to cooking the main dish of the day. And that is fine with him.

I recently made a pot of chicken soup for my daughter. She was in bed for two weeks with a severe cold. According to her husband, it cured her. I am sure it was more than just that.

Stick around and have some fun. You sound so I interesting. Sounds like you are going to make a lot of friends here.

I too avoid Facebook. I just use it to keep in touch with my son in Vermont.

Old 11-28-2015, 10:53 PM   #33
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Welcome to DC Karen. From another Bostonian. I have moved out of here five times and returned each time. I had five kids, but am left with four. Three of my kids live within just minutes of me. One has become disabled and is presently staying with me until he can get on SSDI. A long process. And one child is in Vermont practicing Emergency Medicine.
Where in Vermont? My mom's family is from there. She grew up in Winooski, and I still have an uncle in Stowe. I love love love Vermont. When we were considering where to raise the kids it was between Vermont and The Berkshires. The Berkshires won only because I found a job there super quick.

East Boston - I noticed someone else from EB -- Uncle Joey lived in East Boston. He passed away a few months before Oliver, but Auntie Helen still lives there - on Coleridge Street - right across from the runway at Logan. Crazy place. :)
Old 11-29-2015, 01:03 AM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDJ View Post
Where in Vermont? My mom's family is from there. She grew up in Winooski, and I still have an uncle in Stowe. I love love love Vermont. When we were considering where to raise the kids it was between Vermont and The Berkshires. The Berkshires won only because I found a job there super quick.

East Boston - I noticed someone else from EB -- Uncle Joey lived in East Boston. He passed away a few months before Oliver, but Auntie Helen still lives there - on Coleridge Street - right across from the runway at Logan. Crazy place. :)
Within walking distance of where I live. Yet you don't even hear the planes.