Originally Posted by spork
Welcome to DC, Nicolas! Great looking dishes.
Can you share more, perhaps a recipe, for the catfish tofu soup? Sounds intriguing, actually it sounds a bit scary, but it looks really good.
Thank you all.
Sure, I can share the recipe.
One or two fresh catfish (prefer small fish, 1-2 lbs each)
A box of soft tofu
Several pieces of ginger
A few green onion
1. Clean the fish and chop to 6-8 piece each (keep the skin)
2. Put the fish in hot water (around 180 F) for about 30 seconds, get them out and drain off the water
3. Set the burner to high.
4. Get about 5 spoon of plant oil into pan
5. After about 5 seconds, put the ginger into the pan. Stir a little bit.
6. After about 5-10 seconds, set the burner to medial and put in the fish. Stir a little bit.
7. After about 40 seconds, pour in 1.5 L warm hot. (NOT cold water)
8. Set the burner to high. Cover the pan for 5 mins. The soup should be white by then.
9. Cut the tofu into pieces and put into soup. Continue cook for 3-5 min.
10. Get salt
11. Turn off the burner.
12. Put green onion or after you have get the soup into soup dish.
That's it. Hope it helps!