"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
View Poll Results: I WOULD LOVE TO MEET FRIENDS.
COOKING=RECIPES-ETC. 7 63.64%
ANIMALS=ETC. 6 54.55%
ANYTHING TO CHAT ABOUT. 8 72.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2007, 06:59 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Welcome to Discuss Cooking Sylvia!

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:05 PM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

Welcome to DC Miss Sylvia!

Enjoy & Have Fun!!!

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 07:15 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

Thanks For Your Welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Hi Sylvia,
recently lost my little black and tan Doxie and feel all alone when the grand kids are not here..such fun I'm having with the kids playing with them and cooking for them. I love cooking, painting baby cloths, gardening and just holding the kids My favorite thing to do is to come here each day to visit with all my friends...So glad you've found us and look forward to getting to know you.

kadesma
Hi There.Kadesma.I am so very sorry to hear you lost your Doxie.As they are so much company.I know this may sound silly.But we had 2 yorkshire terriers
who died of old age with growths.Last year.We lost them within months of each other.Well we vowed no more.As we had our Dylan an old english which is huge.Then 5 months ago i went over our local shop.And saw an add puppies for sale. Well it made me think of Sandy + Jenny.When i came in i
told my husband and he said shall we ring for one.As Dylan is more outside.
He comes in but not like the little ones.Well we rang went up and they were 4 weeks old. They were Bishone =Frises awwww that was it. So we had to have a girl as maybe Dylan would not accept when it was older.Well Kadsema
one was all coochy sleeping on my husbands lap.But this other pup came running up to me all the time.Really cheeky.Have you guessed yet.Yes we
bought the 2 of them.They had no papers but we never wanted them to breed.And the couple did put the price down as we had 2.They are now 5 months old.And its like haveing 2 toddlers.lol They honestly turned our life around.So maybe you also should have another.I know it will never be Doxie.
But it will take your heart break away.Plus you will be giving a lovely loving home to another little kitten.Maybe i should not say this to you.But i am
only trying to stop you hurting about Doxie.You should think about it.As you
sound a lovely person to love another.The cruelty of animals in this country is degrading.Plus you would have to think of a name ect.Plus your grandchildren would be so happy.To see you happy again.I hope you think about it. As we were heart broken.But the pups have brought us happiness again.Also you can bake a lovely steak pie as well.lol Please have a think.
I also love gardening ect.And thank you for welcoming me i will not forget how all of you have been so kind. i am off to bed now so goodnight to everyone who is on.And i will be on tommorrow.
Take Care Sylvia.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:22 PM   #14
Assistant Cook

Thanks so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
Welcome to DC Miss Sylvia!

Enjoy & Have Fun!!!

Hi There.Thanks so very much for your welcome. I really cannot believe what a lovely set of people you are.You are like one huge family.I am so glad i found you all. As for enjoying and having fun.Well everyone has already done that tonight for me.So thanks i am off to bed now.But will be definatley be
on tommorrow.Thank and take care Sylvia.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:13 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

Welcome to DC. You still love the farm; I can feel the nostalgic touch in your writing.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:43 PM   #16
Head Chef

Welcome Sylvia.. I love your ""Queens English "" It is refreshing to hear my mother language. All of my relitives came from the UK in the early 1800. I was raised on a small farm in the state of Iowa, and I dearly love animals, I used to own a restaurant and I had 40 outside barn cats to feed and two familys of possums one family of racoons
and a orchard full of apple trees that a small herd of deer would come down and eat
and one ground hog. I fed them table scraps from my restaurant and I had ten house cats all kinds???? Glad you are with us. how much is a pound sterlig worth in US dollars??

english
Old 09-29-2007, 06:12 AM   #17
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Barb L.
Welcome to DC Sylvia, you have chose a great forum - friendly, helpful and informative. Nice to have you with us - enjoy !
Barb
Old 09-30-2007, 08:36 PM   #18
Assistant Cook

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by malabarcost View Post
Welcome to DC. You still love the farm; I can feel the nostalgic touch in your writing.
Hi There thanks so much for another warm welcome. How can you tell that i still mss my farm.Does it really show in mywriting.lol Or you are definatley telepathic.Because you have it in one. Yes although we have a nice home the farm was home.I believe i do not have to explain it. And the hard part is my family loves where we live now.So on times i have to put on a smiley face.Like this but really inside my face is like this lol. I am so glad i found you all as you have all made me feel so much better. Especially when i can do this.lol As it has taken my thoughts away.But how did you tell. Would
really love to know.lol I think deep down i do know. You are all like one great happy familly in which is brilliant.thanks for letting me in.
Take Care Sylvia.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:07 PM   #19
Assistant Cook

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hutchins View Post
Welcome Sylvia.. I love your ""Queens English "" It is refreshing to hear my mother language. All of my relitives came from the UK in the early 1800. I was raised on a small farm in the state of Iowa, and I dearly love animals, I used to own a restaurant and I had 40 outside barn cats to feed and two familys of possums one family of racoons
and a orchard full of apple trees that a small herd of deer would come down and eat
and one ground hog. I fed them table scraps from my restaurant and I had ten house cats all kinds???? Glad you are with us. how much is a pound sterlig worth in US dollars??

english
Hi There.Dave.Thanks so much for this it is so nice of you all.This is why i love all of you s you all love cooking and animals.Well i still miss my farm, but
i believe Dave none of us knows whats around the corner.As i really believed we would never move from the farm.Then my husband went ill.And because we were remote we sold up.And do i admire you with an orchard of apples.
Oh i would have loved to have seen the deer and ground dog.As for your 40 cats wow i bet you bought a restaurant for all the animals i would.lol Funny
thing there is a Cafe for sale across the road.With its own bakery for bread, ect. I would love to win the lottery as i love cooking.But Dave i cannot win an argument with my hubby anymore.wahhhhhhhh Things are bad.lol You
must have had a great life being brought up on a farm, as well.Ours was a smallholding with 30 acres.We bought it run down.On top of a welsh mountain.The cotage had no toilets or windows.So my husband bought a static caravan for us to live in.But he never thought of the track, not being wide enough.So the static rolled down the front field.He was white but i laughed my head off.So went into the village about 20 miles away.lol Told you it was remote.Bought some thick polythene and porto toilets. The cottage had a rayburn for hot water and cooking.Plus we had a log burner over the other side.And moved in the cottage.And for nearly 3 yrs we lived like it.I can honestly say i never stopped laughing.Then we widened the track and built the cottage up.I feel so sorry for the farmers with this BSC again.
As we had 30 cattle and decided to sell them.So we were lucky.As i would have cracked up, knowing they would have been burned.Oh we did take a
few to the Abitour for our own beef.And our pigs.That is what farming is about.I also use to breed horses.We had 14 and that was the hard part.
I left my chickens ducks geese.As we had neighbours here.But i missed my chickens especially fresh eggs for baking.So bought a second hand incubator and bred 12 hens.So we have fresh eggs now.MMMMMMM LOL.Sorry i wrote all this Dave but it has done me good.As like you you know what it is like.
Well thanks for being so kind.
Take Care Sylvia.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:10 PM   #20
Assistant Cook

Forgot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hutchins View Post

english
Hi Again.I forgot to tell you.That our english pound Dave is worth about 70
pence or maybe 60.So your dollars are more.