"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
View Poll Results: I WOULD LOVE TO MEET FRIENDS.
COOKING=RECIPES-ETC. 7 63.64%
ANIMALS=ETC. 6 54.55%
ANYTHING TO CHAT ABOUT. 8 72.73%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

Post Sylvia.

HI THERE. I HAVE JUST REGISTERED AND WOULD LIKE TO SAY HI, TO EVERYONE. I AM 57YR MARRIED AND OUR SON LIVES HOME WITH US.
WE ALSO HAVE A GRANDSON OF 16YR WHO HAS LIVED WITH US SINCE 2 WEEKS OLD. SO HE IS MORE OF A SON. WE LIVE IN A SMALL VILLAGE IN WALES BY THE COAST. WE USED TO HAVE A SMALLHOLDING. BUT MY
HUSBAND FELL ILL ABOUT 5 YRS AGO. SO WE HAD TO SELL UP. I MISS
THE FARM EVERY DAY.AS IT IS A GREAT LIFE. WE LIVED REMOTE ON A
WELSH MOUNTAIN. BOUGHT IT RUN DOWN ABOUT 13YRS AGO, AND THEN BUILT IT UP. BECAUSE WE WERE SO REMOTE WE HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO SELL. THEN BOUGHT THIS HOUSE NEAR TO OUR DAUGHTER AND
FAMILY. WE ALL LOVE ANIMALS AND I LOVE COOKING. MY HUSBAND BREEDS PARROTS. THEN WHEN WE SOLD THE FARM, I MISSED MY CHICKENS AND OUR FRESH EGGS. SO BOUGHT A SECOND HAND INCUBATOR AND FERTILE EGGS FROM EBAY. AND BRED 14 CHICKENS.
I BRED 4 COCKRELS BUT HAD TO FIND GOOD HOMES, OWEING TO THE NEIGHBOURS. BUT I KEPT MY BUFF=ORPINGTON COCKREL AND ONE HEN. I KEEP THEM SEPERATE. AS, ALL MY OTHERS ARE HENS FOR OUR
OWN USE. WE ALSO HAVE 3 DOGS DYLAN IS A 6YR OLD ENGLISH. AND
IS A BRILLIANT GUARD DOG. WHICH IS UNUSUAL FOR HIS BREED. BUT
WE HAD HIM ON THE FARM. SO HE THINKS HE HAS TO GUARD THE PARROTS CHICKENS AND 2 RABBITS WE HAVE.THEN WE HAVE 2 BISHON=FRISE 5 MONTHS OLD. (TIA + MARIA.) LOL. A BLACK CAT SOOTY. 2 BUDGES A COCKATIEL AND A ONE LEGGED PARROT WHO I CALL HOPPY. LOL.SO I GUESS WHOEVER READS THIS CAN TELL WE LOVE ANIMALS.LOL I REALLY LOVE COOKING AND WOULD LIKE TO MAKE FRIENDS WITH ANYONE THE SAME OR LOVES ANIMALS. I DO NOT GET
OUT MUCH. OWEING TO MY HUSBANDS ILLNESS PLUS OUR SONS. SO
IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO CHAT I WOULD BE REALLY GRATEFUL. AS
I ALSO LOVE CHATTING ABOUT ANYTHING. ESPECIALLY RECIPES ANIMALS ECT. SO THANKS IF YOU HAVE TAKEN THE TIME TO READ ABOUT ME. SYLVIA...................

Old 09-28-2007, 03:59 PM   #2
Senior Cook

Hi Sylvia- I love animals and cooking also. We have 9 dogs, 7 cats, 4 aquariums and a guinea pig. I live out in the country west of Nashville, Tennessee. Sorry your husband is ill, it sounds like you have alot to keep you busy without going out much. This is a fun forum with lots of people who are great cooks and animal people, and you'll always have people to chat with.

Old 09-28-2007, 04:28 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Hi. I Like Parrots And Chickens Too. Do You Have Any Leftover?
Old 09-28-2007, 05:03 PM   #4
Assistant Cook

Smile Same Hobbies=lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolelaine View Post
Hi Sylvia- I love animals and cooking also. We have 9 dogs, 7 cats, 4 aquariums and a guinea pig. I live out in the country west of Nashville, Tennessee. Sorry your husband is ill, it sounds like you have alot to keep you busy without going out much. This is a fun forum with lots of people who are great cooks and animal people, and you'll always have people to chat with.
HI THERE. THANKS FOR REPLY. I THOUGHT WE LOVED ANIMALS.LOL
YOU ALSO HAVE YOUR HANDSFULL. BUT ALL ANIMALS ARE WORTH IT.
THEY ARE SO LOVING AND COMICAL.PLUS NEVER ASK FOR MONEY LIKE THE KIDS.LOL WHEN YOU HAVE TIME I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW YOUR BREEDS ECT. MY HUSBAND HAS A MARINE TANK ALWAYS KEPT ONE. WAIT UNTIL HE KNOWS YOU HAVE 4 LOL. AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOUR WELCOME AS THERE ARE LOADS OF CHAT AND FORUMS. BUT NOT
LIKE THIS I FOUND IT WITH SEARCH ENGINE.PLUS I HAVE NO FRIENDS.
WELL I HAVE ONE TRUE ONE.BUT SHE LIVES IN THE VLLAGE WERE WE HAD OUR FARM. WE KEEP IN TOUCH BUT SHE GOES IN DIFFRENT CHAT ROOM.AND I CAN VISIT ANYTIME BUT IT SOUNDS STUPID BUT I STILL MISS THE FARM.SHE HAS COME HERE BUT I CANNOT VISIT HER.GUESS
IT SOUNDS STUPID.BUT YOU LIVE IN THE COUNTRY YOURSELF. SO YOU
KNOW WHAT I MEAN. IT IS A DIFFRENT WAY OF LIFE. REALLY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR WARM WELCOME. SYLVIA.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:06 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

[quote=Jeekinz;488331]Hi. I Like Parrots And Chickens Too. Do You Have Any Leftover?[/quo

HI THERE, THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY. SO HOW MANY WOULD YOU LIKE.LOL P.S. PLUS I WILL THROW SOME FRESH EGGS IN TOO.LOL
THANKS SYLVIA.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:08 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Don't like eggs.....I can't open them.
Old 09-28-2007, 05:37 PM   #7
Assistant Cook

Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeekinz View Post
Don't like eggs.....I can't open them.

Hi there. First accept my apoligises as i only just joined, and never realised not to use large caps.This is a lovely site really friendy.Plus i am still laughing at your reply.Nice to know you have a sense of humour. i wonder what your next reply will be.lol
Thanks Sylvia.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:21 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Hi, SYLVIA. Welcome to DC. This is a very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful site. We all enjoy quite a variety of interests, especially anything related to cooking and food. There are also many, many animal lovers here.

Buck and I have a houseful of kitty cats and about 8 outside ones, too. We even have a "shop" cat at our business. Gotta love our furry babies.

Sit down and enjoy yourself. We're glad you've found us.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:38 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire

Hi Sylvia,
recently lost my little black and tan Doxie and feel all alone when the grand kids are not here..such fun I'm having with the kids playing with them and cooking for them. I love cooking, painting baby cloths, gardening and just holding the kids My favorite thing to do is to come here each day to visit with all my friends...So glad you've found us and look forward to getting to know you.

kadesma
Old 09-28-2007, 06:47 PM   #10
Assistant Cook

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie E View Post
Hi, SYLVIA. Welcome to DC. This is a very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful site. We all enjoy quite a variety of interests, especially anything related to cooking and food. There are also many, many animal lovers here.

Buck and I have a houseful of kitty cats and about 8 outside ones, too. We even have a "shop" cat at our business. Gotta love our furry babies.

Sit down and enjoy yourself. We're glad you've found us.
Hi Both. Just to say thanks for all your lovely welcome messages. I cannot believe that at last i have found a page that are sincere.Well you love your cats i see.lolWe have a black cat sooty who got hit by a car when we moved here.She was not use to the roads.We also had her mate sweep.Until some idiot hit and run him.And he was found dead a few doors away.Then sooty got hit and only in the face.I thought she was a goner.We only just moved here plus kept the cats in for weeks.But the vet saved sooty she now has a wire in her jaw.It cost us 480.00 wooooo. But we love our animals and we
did not care.As she survived.Sooty is a star as our grandson has d.j decks and she scratches them when he says.lol I would love to know all your cats names colours ect.When you have time.I have asked something now lol.
I bet the cat in your shop is spoilt rotten too.With your customers.So when
you find time i would really love to know.Also i am glad i found all of you too.
Thanks to everyone Sylvia.