Teen from Sweden saying hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sourdoughsweetgirl

Assistant Cook
Hello hello! My name's Sara, 15 years old and I'm from Sweden, Gothenburg. I recently got into cooking and baking so I am a total newbie, experimenting in the kitchen. Most of my stuff is pretty edible so far!

Hopefully I'll learn a thing or two here, there's a lot of recipes that I've never heard of before here in Sweden (Angel food cake??? It sounds pretty good...). I'm also pretty eager to share some of the things I bake.

Nice to meet you all!

Hi Sara and welcome to Discuss Cooking.

Do you have an authentic recipe for kåldolmar? I have never liked any of the cabbage rolls I've had in North America. I liked the kåldolmar my farmor made when we used to visit her in Stockholm, but she isn't alive anymore, so I can't ask her for the recipe.

Welcome Sara. So glad you have joined us. You can learn a lot here. And as you can guess, we have some members on this side of the pond who have ties to Scandinavia.

This is a fun place. We love to share and laugh. :angel:

Welcome Sara! I too am interested in authentic Swedish recipes. Please feel free to share those you love!

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Welcome, young one. :flowers: You SO have to try angel food cake. :yum: Looking forward to hearing about your baking and recipes!

Hi, Sara!

I look forward to your recipes. Remember, good food is always best shared with good friends, so share away, lol!

Do you have an authentic recipe for kåldolmar? I have never liked any of the cabbage rolls I've had in North America. I liked the kåldolmar my farmor made when we used to visit her in Stockholm, but she isn't alive anymore, so I can't ask her for the recipe.

Actually I think I do! I quite like the dish myself, I'll see if I can Cooke something up too.

And thank you all for the welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Hi Sara! My Step-Mother was Swedish. She had some good recipes but one I could not get into was a Christmas dish called "Lutefisk." But her Swedish pancakes (much like crepes) rolled up with lingonberry sauce and sprinkled with powdered sugar....oh my! Looking forward to your contributions.

Back
Top Bottom