The ultimate men's day treat - rabbit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smufafa

Assistant Cook
So, I'll be hosting a men's day in 3 weeks for 25 guys. Really want to throw a few rabbits on the spit or in the pot. Which is best?

Have you cooked rabbit before? Most rabbit is VERY lean. If you are going to roast them in any manner, you'll need to either bard them with fat or wrap them with bacon. Otherwise, they'll come out very dry.

I really enjoy braising rabbit. I pretty much use the traditional French formula that includes Dijon mustard, but I use red wine instead of white, and add some hot peppers. It's one of my favorite meals to cook and to serve to framily.

Rabbit tagine is delicious. It is a very delicate meat and does tend to get dry. I do like it Moroccan inspired with preserved lemons and olives. mmmmmm. I agree, cook it with a moist heat. I have never had it wrapped in bacon though, that sounds wonderful.

My grandfather liked rabbit braised in a red wine braising liquid or fried with a country gravy over it. When my husband was in the army the chow hall would take request for holiday meals. His request for fried rabbit on Easter didn't go over well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom