"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!

Old 05-28-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
Head Chef

To the Good Folks at Discuss Cooking

Hello all,
I'm Zagut and I figured it's time to introduce myself since I have the urge to comment here every now and then.

Seems like a nice group of folks here and "Thanks" for what I've learned and what I will learn in the future.

I'll tend to lurk because that's my nature but don't be suprised by a smarta$$ comment from me every so often.

The first thing to remember about me is that I have a weird sence of humor so never take what I say seriously. Humor is an esential part of life for me but I understand different strokes for different folks. I have no social skills so I'm sure I'll offend someone along the way. I mean no offence but that's the way life goes.

By trade I do custom woodworking and custom home renovations. Lots of kitchens in the 30 years I've been doing it so feel free to ask whatever you'd like to know. I've been doing it long enough that it's starting to become a 4 letter word called "Work".

I live in the sticks with the 2 loves of my life. Ethel & Lucy. They are 14 months old and are the sweetest kitties around. I have no mice in the house so they can stay until the vermin moves inside. If that happens the canned chow stops and they have to work for a living.

My house is a work in progress. Most of it is put together from what I've pulled out of homes we've renovated. The kitchen cabinets are made from an old chicken coop and appliances are a mixed match of 30 years of collection. I'm single and have no "Ball & Chain" to apply pressure to get it done. (Boy I know I'll be in trouble for that one) So being half done is fine with me. Kind of like the plumbers house has leaks and the cobbler needs new shoes.

That's it for now. Ask me whatever you'd like. I'm too dumb to take offence at anything.

Enjoy Life.

Old 05-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Zagut, thanks for the formal introduction! We have already met, and I am looking forward to your posts! You will fit right in!

DH used to build houses for a living, and I enjoy building stuff from barnboard and branches. Nice to have you join us!

Old 05-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
Executive Chef

Welcome to DC. I too have a warped sense of humor. The wife and I are pug people,but we have had our share of cats. Some folks here may consider me wierd, as I do keep snakes. They are not pets though.
Old 05-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagut View Post
I'll tend to lurk because that's my nature but don't be suprised by a smarta$$ comment from me every so often.

]The first thing to remember about me is that I have a weird sence of humor so never take what I say seriously. Humor is an esential part of life for me but I understand different strokes for different folks. I have no social skills so I'm sure I'll offend someone along the way. I mean no offence but that's the way life goes]
ahem... we already have one of those.

NEXT!

j/k. welcome, zagut.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
Half Baked

Welcome Zagut!
I am also a cabinetmaker/woodworker. Been at it since 1980.

My Flickr stuff!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e_maxwell_photography/
4meandthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
Head Chef

"I am looking forward to your posts!"

Oh boy are you in trouble.

"I too have a warped sense of humor. "

The more the merrier.

"ahem... we already have one of those."

Well now ya got yourself another.

"I am also a cabinetmaker/woodworker."

Always nice to meet another hatchet bunny.
Old 05-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #7
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I'm a nurse, nothing much offends me...

Welcome to DC, we should all have some fun!
Old 05-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #8
Master Chef

Welcome to DC. There are some rules you have to understand;
1. I'm right, and I'm always rite. I never make a mistcake.
2. If you think I'm wronge about something, review rulle No.#1
3. Wild foods should not require a permit to collect, in spite of what the sate of Michigan says.
4. Lake Superior is the premier body of fresh water on the planet.
5. Pasties rule
6. Pizza Pasties rule even more
7. Thou shalt not invoke the anger of Shrek (He's an oger)
8. Humility allows one to learn, and opens the mind for growth and happiness.
9. Always understand that it is essential to know your subject before commenting on it. It saves embarrassment when someone else has proven expertise, and or reliable references to back them up.
10. Be willing to listen to other peoples opinions.
11. We expect you to be as civilized as our least civilized member (I won't give out any names here, But his initials are: -..., -
12. Yoopers are the premier people on the planet. Everone else wishes they could be a Yooper.
13. Take everything everyone says on this site with an eye for mischief, and the knowledge that there are no cooking questions that can't be answered by someone in the DC community.
14. Only you can prevent forest fires. Yep that's right. It's your job. Just remember that forest fires are natures way of protecting the mighty redwoods, and sequoia pines from insect infestation, and it also allows old growth trees to be removed from the land so that new growth may establish itself, even if we don't like it. If you build your house in the middle of a pine forest, whose trees can't reproduce except by fire, or a chaparral stand, again, a plant with flammable sap that has to have the occasional fire to propagate itself, then expect that you home might one day be in danger.
So, get out there and stop all of those forest fires. It's your job, not mine or anyone else's. And I expect to see progress immediatley, or we won't share the world's best pancake recipe with you. Understand?
Ok. It's not really your job to prevent forest fires. But it sounded good. And we'll share the world's best pancake recipe, as soon as we figure out what it is.

About rules 1 and 2, please notice the contradictions in the two rules.
Lastly, they don't call me Chief Longwind of the North for nothing.

Welcome to DC. You will find this a warm place with great cooking, and other ideas.

Anyone else have DC pertinent rules for Zagut? Feel free to post them.

Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:49 PM   #9
Sous Chef

Hi Zagut! Talking about a "weird sense of humor": rule number 15: every time you offend some folk at DC, you must publish a photo of your pretty face with a blond wig on.

Welcome to DC
Old 05-29-2012, 07:36 PM   #10
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Both of you are going to scare him off...

Tags
cooking