Welcome to DC. There are some rules you have to understand;
1. I'm right, and I'm always rite. I never make a mistcake.
2. If you think I'm wronge about something, review rulle No.#1
3. Wild foods should not require a permit to collect, in spite of what the sate of Michigan says.
4. Lake Superior is the premier body of fresh water on the planet.
5. Pasties rule
6. Pizza Pasties rule even more
7. Thou shalt not invoke the anger of Shrek (He's an oger
8. Humility allows one to learn, and opens the mind for growth and happiness.
9. Always understand that it is essential to know your subject before commenting on it. It saves embarrassment when someone else has proven expertise, and or reliable references to back them up.
10. Be willing to listen to other peoples opinions.
11. We expect you to be as civilized as our least civilized member (I won't give out any names here, But his initials are: -..., -
12. Yoopers are the premier people on the planet. Everone else wishes they could be a Yooper.
13. Take everything everyone says on this site with an eye for mischief, and the knowledge that there are no cooking questions that can't be answered by someone in the DC community.
14. Only you can prevent forest fires. Yep that's right. It's your job. Just remember that forest fires are natures way of protecting the mighty redwoods, and sequoia pines from insect infestation, and it also allows old growth trees to be removed from the land so that new growth may establish itself, even if we don't like it. If you build your house in the middle of a pine forest, whose trees can't reproduce except by fire, or a chaparral stand, again, a plant with flammable sap that has to have the occasional fire to propagate itself, then expect that you home might one day be in danger.
So, get out there and stop all of those forest fires. It's your job, not mine or anyone else's. And I expect to see progress immediatley, or we won't share the world's best pancake recipe with you. Understand?
Ok. It's not really your job to prevent forest fires. But it sounded good. And we'll share the world's best pancake recipe, as soon as we figure out what it is.
About rules 1 and 2, please notice the contradictions in the two rules.
Lastly, they don't call me Chief Longwind of the North for nothing.
Welcome to DC. You will find this a warm place with great cooking, and other ideas.
Anyone else have DC pertinent rules for Zagut? Feel free to post them.
Seeeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North