Transporting Turkey Ideas Needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caramelblessed

Assistant Cook
Hi All,

I am the designated person who normally take the turkey or ham to my brother-in-law's house (who lives out of town) every Christmas. Due to their kitchen being small, I usually cook the meat at my home and warm it up there on Christmas day in an aluminum pan. The problem is leakage at times which means we have to clean up the car if we forget to put down newspaper first. I would like to carve the turkey or ham up before we leave home but my brother-in-law always wants to take a picture of the table before we eat and he wants the meat left whole. We also usually leave most of the leftovers there or I would take my roasting pan. I will not be attending this year and I am afraid that if my husband takes my one and only roasting pan, I may not see it again for at least a year. Does anyone have a solution for transporting turkey or ham? I would like to tell my brother-in-law to cook it himself since he has so many demands but I'm trying to keep the peace during the holidays as it is usually chaotic to say the least.

Last edited:
What about putting the whole cooked meat in one of those disposable aluminum roasting pans? They are all over the stores at the holidays.

Use an igloo cooler. They keep things hot too. Pack up the turkey in one of those disposable roasting pan and foil. Put some towels on the bottom of the cooler and put the turkey in. Pack additional towels around the sides and top. This will keep it hot for a couple of hours.

This is how I transport cooked meats to family functions and it work wonderfully well.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom