Truck Driver

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rogerf

Assistant Cook
:eek: I'm a truck driver. I cook alot on the road. I use a Burton Stove to go to cook in, I also use a Snappy Port-a-Meal Sack, which leads me to my ???.
My Snappy Sack is a heat pad folded in half inside a bag and plugs into cigarette lighter on my dash.You can put a can of chili in it and about 2 to3 hours later it so hot it hard to hold the can. The I have is so used up am looking for another one.So my ??? is have any of you heard of this thing and if so where can I get another one? I've looked for it on-line and in truck stops but still have'nt found it. PLEASE HELP

I'm known in my world as "the habanero road chef". Have recipes Habanero cookies that some say "you truly DIE for". I fish sometimes while I'm the road and if I can't use my cookers I just put it in foil and clamp it to to my exhaust pipe as I drive and It's done in about 1 1/2 hours. I also a killer Habanero pasta sause.

Welcome aboard, Roger. Sonds like you are pretty innovative when it comes to road cooking.

Roger, welcome!! My hubby is a driver too and he has one little pot that works like an electric (plugged into the lighter, though) skillet and then he has something that looks about the size of a lunchbox that also plugs in. It uses aluminum foil loaf-pans and works more like a crock pot. I know that he got both at one truck-stop or another. I cook lots of stuff, freeze it in foil and send with him on the road. He just puts the whole foil covered food in the one and it is ready when he stops a few hours later. I can try to get more info from him if you want.

Thank you the crock pot is known as the burton stove.Please do an see if he knows where to get a Snappy Sack.thanks

thanks for all your help.still looking.
here is one for the road for all my hot head friends...

Pasta Sauce:

1- Quart Tomato Sauce 1 1/2-Cup Chopped Tomato
1/2- Cup Chopped Onion 1--tbsp Chopped Garlic
3-tbsp Fresh Basil 1/4-tsp Chopped Thyme
1/4-tsp White Pepper 2-3-Whole Fresh Habaneros
1 1/2-tbsp Corn Starch Pinch of Salt

Devain & remove all seeds from Peppers.chop very fine.
SAUTE Onions, Basil, Tomato, Garlic, Thyme and Peppers.
Add Tomato Sauce bring to a boil. Add Corn Starch.
POUR OVER YOUR PASTA AND SERVE WITH A SWEET DRINK

P.S. BURN BABY BURN

Roger, I showed your post and question to my hubby; he had not noticed anything like what you have. He did have me write down the particulars and is looking for any and all info he can find on it. May take a bit but we will find out what we can!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom