"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2016, 11:16 PM   #21
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
Why not, we have thread with all kind off cooking tricks and advices, etc.

Is dirty filter above the stove considered a problem? If yes, I hate cleaning mine. I wish there was an easier way to deal with it.
Charlie, here's how I clean mine. I have two.

I lay the filters flat in the sink and use the spray to rinse them off with the hottest tap water to get some of the grease off. Then I put them in the bottom shelf of the dishwasher on the heavy duty cycle.

You could also get some heavy duty degreaser and spray the filters.

Old 12-14-2016, 11:17 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

No, Chuck, that's the instructions for shampoo.

It's an innocent enough question, albeit vague and difficult to answer within an unspecified context, but why be so cynical?

Be creative.

Ok, so, solutions to problems. I have one.

What is the best small toaster oven that will heat up quickly, but also cleans up easily, and doesn't have features that I don't need that can break down.

Old 12-14-2016, 11:42 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
It's an innocent enough question, albeit vague and difficult to answer within an unspecified context, but why be so cynical?
Because there are dozens of appliances made by dozens of manufacturers. Maybe I'm lacking in imagination, and I'm certainly no engineer, but I don't see how "The Cooker Man" could possibly be in a position to fix problems people have with the designs of dozens of appliances made by dozens of manufacturers.

This wouldn't be the first time someone has posted in the forum just to mess with people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The cooker man View Post
I'm just trying to identify problems that people face, so for instance, doors too noisey, too difficult to clean, controls not user friendly, hobs not holding pan's upright, these are just a few things I have identified, but I wanted to ask a larger group of people to see if there are any common themes or things which really bother people. So basically any problems people come across when using their cookers etc.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:52 PM   #24
Chef Extraordinaire

OK, geez, sorry. I was just making nice, trying to understand if it was genuine.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:07 AM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
OK, geez, sorry. I was just making nice, trying to understand if it was genuine.
No need to apologize, Bucky I'm trying to figure that out, too. So far, I'm skeptical.
Old 12-15-2016, 05:32 AM   #26
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieD View Post
You know regular stuff, spray, scrub, repeat.
Ammonia cleans and cuts grease real quick. Charlie, I take it that this filter I in the hood and removable. I realize that cost comes into the equation. In my building, maintenance just tosses ours into the trash and gives us a new one. Certainly not a solution for you. Andy's solution sounds like the best so far. Into the dishwasher.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:29 AM   #27
Master Chef

Quote:
No, Chuck, that's the instructions for shampoo.

Be creative.

Ok, so, solutions to problems. I have one.

What is the best small toaster oven that will heat up quickly, but also cleans up easily, and doesn't have features that I don't need that can break down.
Past experience with several others that were very similar. I'll just leave it at that.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:38 AM   #28
Executive Chef

I use the dishwasher too to clean the metal filters. But, just a caveat, and I know it's obvious and also common sense, but not all filters for stove fans are just metal, some have carbon (or something else) in them. Those can't be put in the dishwasher. Just putting that out there because, as we've all seen, common sense can sometimes be in short supply.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:17 AM   #29
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Ammonia cleans and cuts grease real quick. Charlie, I take it that this filter I in the hood and removable. I realize that cost comes into the equation. In my building, maintenance just tosses ours into the trash and gives us a new one. Certainly not a solution for you. Andy's solution sounds like the best so far. Into the dishwasher.

I like the tossing solution. Problem is I can't find them. Home depot doesn't carry them. They recommended to call manufacturer. With my luck it is some odd ball hood with no name or any other details. No wonder company that build the house is out of business.
Old 12-15-2016, 07:47 AM   #30
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigC View Post
Past experience with several others that were very similar. I'll just leave it at that.

Fair enough. I guess my time away was good for me, trying to learn to not sweat the small stuff.

But you're probably right.

Tags
cook, cooking, jello