"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Discuss Cooking Community Forums > New Member Introductions!
Click Here to Login

Old 04-11-2017, 03:44 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
According to WebMD, if you don't need to be gluten free, you probably shouldn't.

The Truth About Gluten

Some researchers believe that the increase in some allergies is due to lack of exposure. Our grandson's doctor is recommending that he be exposed to a lot of foods, like peanuts, so he doesn't develop allergies.
I read a report about a year ago where pediatricians were asking mothers to rub peanuts across the lips of small children about one year of age. The purpose was to prevent them from becoming allergic to them. It was supposed to help prevent the child from developing an allergy to them so by the time they were old enough to have peanut butter sandwiches, they could. And also nuts are full of good nutrients.

The only reason I can't eat raw roughage is due to the gastro surgery I had. And I willing gave up or drastically cut back on carbs and sugar in order to control my diabetes.

As a child I couldn't eat eggs. But I honestly think the fact that being exposed to them even in the shell, was from having to collect them every day. Now I can have all the eggs I want. The "peanut" theory at work maybe?

How many mothers today give their babies Cheerios as a finger food on the highchair tray? All my kids had them and they never developed any allergies. I used to scrub their chair tray and wipe it down first with bleach and then wash it thoroughly with water. No dishes to be tossed on the floor. All food went on the tray and they got a spoon. All meat went into the blender. They would try to use the spoon and then decided the fingers worked best.

When they were ready for baby food, I would put whatever we were eating into the blender all together. So from the very beginning they were exposed to every thing. For all my babies old fashion cream of wheat was their very first solid food. About three months.

Old 04-11-2017, 08:38 PM   #32
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotGarlic View Post
Baked = cooked.
Really? I never knew that. Thanks for clearing that up.

CD

Old 04-11-2017, 08:55 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
Really? I never knew that. Thanks for clearing that up.

CD
You're welcome.

Tags
cook, vegan